Got To Admit These DIAD V's Can Take A Beating...

ArcherUTR

I still rock a DIAD III man purse pouch.

I agree those V's are awesome and sturdy but the only thing that I really hate/dislike is the back band becomes over stretched if u decide to use the attachment for the clip

The worst DIAD V design was by the graduate student who put the signature button so close to where the customer holds or signs the board...it flips the screen over mid signature.

Some people complain about the brightness of the screen at night, but I like to flip the DIAD board over and use it as a flashlight as I cut through undesignated walkways or uneven sidewalks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still rock a DIAD III man purse pouch.

The worst DIAD V design was by the graduate student who put the signature button so close to where the customer holds or signs the board...it flips the screen over mid signature.

Some people complain about the brightness of the screen at night, but I like to flip the DIAD board over and use it as a flashlight as I cut through undesignated walkways or uneven sidewalks.

Why not use the built in flashlight function instead? It 's in the upper left hand portion of the keypad area.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Why not use the built in flashlight function instead? It 's in the upper left hand portion of the keypad area.

I do not like the brightness of the screen at night. It affects my night vision. Though IF I point it away it acts as a light.... enough to see obstacles. If you use the flashlight then you still have the screen blinding you.

ArcherUTR

Because my screen is still on from completing the stop and is bright enough to light my way. Just point the screen down. Work smarter, not harder.

I use the flashlight function to check my gasoline during pre-trip and to find packages in the back cargo area.

ArcherUTR

If the clip keeps coming out it is pretty easy to bend/tighten it by softly using some pliers or mashing it up against something hard.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I do not like the brightness of the screen at night. It affects my night vision. Though IF I point it away it acts as a light.... enough to see obstacles. If you use the flashlight then you still have the screen blinding you.
If you switch it so the keys light up the screen dims in the dark. I think I recall that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because my screen is still on from completing the stop and is bright enough to light my way. Just point the screen down. Work smarter, not harder.

I use the flashlight function to check my gasoline during pre-trip and to find packages in the back cargo area.

You are probably one of those people who shows up late to a movie and insists upon using their cellphone light to find an empty seat. :)

S

selfcancelsignal

If only the company had thought to attach the stylus to a cord (so it wouldn't get lost)?
Haha. I know. I could get a stylus with a cord to replace the one without, but why? Like I said, the customers like it better, & so do I. I've only lost it like twice since I bid this route in the middle of April & both times, I found it later that day at pick ups by retracing my stops & steps.

ArcherUTR

You are probably one of those people who shows up late to a movie and insists upon using their cellphone light to find an empty seat. :)

Nope but if there is an empty seats in the very middle of the very middle I will excuse myself past everyone even during the credits.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
gif-clock.gif

1110 or 2310