Grandpa Upstate

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I'll likely be there but we have had the discussion. She deserves someone very sympathetic to be there to help her through it. I simply am not. She would be better served to have someone that will treat her like she deserves to be treated.

She's also really struggling with if she wants an epidural or not. Which if it's no I sure as hell don't want to be there lol jk.
20 years after the fact, my wife still comments about how she loves me for being there for her during the birth of our daughter. I wasn't much help, just held her hand through a lot of it, but it seems to have really meant a lot to her.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My wife had so many problems with her pregnancy of our son when the OB said she would need a c-section we laughed at him. It all worked out well and our son is our pride and joy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Spent Christmas Day with my son, daughter, son-in-law and ex-wife. Daughter and SIL spent the morning with his parents and when they came back she began to feel nauseous with the onset of mild contractions. I had brought an overnight bag just in case but her contractions did not intensify so my son and I drove back home. I have a feeling we will be driving back down there sometime over the next couple of days.

image.jpg
I love to hold a baby. It's so amazing that one minute it's in a uterus and the next minute it's in the world. My sister in law had a baby boy on Christmas eve. When I saw him I just couldn't stop staring I watched him sleep for about 45 minutes. So cute.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
She must have spit the kid. No sign of Upstate in a few days.
Megan was due to have her little girl yesterday. She's probably in labor now so my guess is head to Albany Medical Center birth & delivery and you'll find Dave :)

I wonder if we can anonymously get them some stuff off their registry from us BC folks.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
When my Firstborn came around in the AM hours, the nurse told me to sit down before I fell down. I guess she didn't realize I always looked like that at that hour. Then there came the blood
and I nearly did.