grievance claim delay

benny k

well after 3 months they finally gave me the final decision to uphold management's decision to terminate me so its finally all over.

bacha29

BK was there ever any doubt that this is what the outcome would be. ? That so called arbitration process is just a public relations dog and pony show.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
lol i knew what the outcome would be just surprised it took this long
Well, the good thing is, you're out of this hell hole. Anyone who leaves FedEx never regrets it and most people that are terminated find greener pastures in time. Remember that.

bacha29

Going forward live your life in a way whereby employers and/or prospective employers can't get something on you. It takes discipline sound judgement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
well after 3 months they finally gave me the final decision to uphold management's decision to terminate me so its finally all over.

Without a lawyer, you're completely at their mercy, and your GFT result was like about 90% of them...in management's favor. As others have said, be glad you have escaped.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
lol i knew what the outcome would be just surprised it took this long

Let me add something here. Of the many people I have known who have gone to Step 3 as benny k did, it never happens in a timely fashion as it is supposed to. I would expect this is all about the process of delaying and stringing it out as long as they can so as to weaken the employee as much as possible.

After a few months in limbo, with no pay, things can get rough. Oh, and how about FedEx and unemployment? Since they almost always fire you "for cause",your case is weak, and then they will fight you like a starving dog to try to make sure you don't qualify.

The GFT process is totally one-sided and blatantly unfair, which is exactly the way FedEx wants it. Any time you are in trouble with the company, they basically require a statement, or multiple statements, which are each an opportunity for management and FedEx Legal to find a means to make your termination stick and avoid being sued. Many times, employees self-incriminate by not listing specifics or admitting information they probably shouldn't. A lack of Weingarten Rights makes it incumbent upon the employee to know policy, which usually isn't even available to them and is written in legalese and in a form always favorable to the company. It is you, the individual, vs. the entire FDX corporation...this is why you lawyer-up.

This company is totally corrupt, all the way from top to bottom, and when you get in trouble there is one place you need to go...an attorney. Even if you have to pay $150 or so to get a letter or pay a retainer, FedEx gets put on immediate notice you aren't taking their :censored2:, and you get sound legal advice about what to say and not say, or perhaps to not even make a statement at all and let them just fire you, although most attorneys will advise you to go through the GFT process so FedEx can't say they would have given you your job back.

People attack me here all the time for speaking the truth about FedEx, and I'm sorry if some don't like it. You never know how low this company will go until you're in their disfavor and then they come at you with all guns blazing.

FedEx is not a people company, and the sooner some of you learn this, the better off you will be.

Last edited:

bacha29

What Mr. Fedex is telling everybody is that X does not consider you an employee of the company but rather an adversary of the company. Therefore what every X employee needs to do is to find and have an initial consultation with an experienced labor law attorney before the excretion hits the fan. And by all means set money aside to create you own legal defense fund . Remember this, despite what Denial says, the higher up the pay scale you go the more you are targeted

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What Mr. Fedex is telling everybody is that X does not consider you an employee of the company but rather an adversary of the company. Therefore what every X employee needs to do is to find and have an initial consultation with an experienced labor law attorney before the excretion hits the fan. And by all means set money aside to create you own legal defense fund . Remember this, despite what Denial says, the higher up the pay scale you go the more you are targeted

Give me a break!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What Mr. Fedex is telling everybody is that X does not consider you an employee of the company but rather an adversary of the company. Therefore what every X employee needs to do is to find and have an initial consultation with an experienced labor law attorney before the excretion hits the fan. And by all means set money aside to create you own legal defense fund .

Folks, this is what happens when we are no longer allowed to put people into mental homes unless they pose a physical threat to others. They give this kind of brilliant advice.

Remember this, despite what Denial says, the higher up the pay scale you go the more you are targeted

This was incorrect a few years ago when it was proposed by actual Express nutjobs, and it's still incorrect today when it's repeated by nutjobs who never worked for Express.

The only thing standing between you and the ol' iggy is that the buffoonery and ignorance of your posts is a guilty pleasure instead of the boring stupidity of other iggy recipients.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Give me a break!

You don't know much about FedEx and how the company really operates. What bacha29 said about you becoming the adversary is spot-on. Once you're "against" FDX, it's all out war against you. If you are topped-out, you obviously been here a very long time, so they want you gone so a twenty-something can fill your job for far less. As others have said, P&D has a high body wear factor, so when your body starts going wrong in your 40's or 50's they want to cut their costs and eliminate you if they can. UPS does the same thing. Once you're hurt, you're a throwaway. The difference is that UPS has a union and a means of keeping your job if you get sick and/or injured. No 90 days at UPS.

Please quit and become an ISP so you can educate yourself and speak rationally about our fine company.

When I say you have no idea, you truly have no idea of what happens here. Just talking to couriers won't help. You have to live it to learn it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I talk to enough of the Express guys here to know that much of what you, Cactus, Van and the other whiners constantly complain about just ain't true.

Sorry, but you don't really know much of anything about FedEx. You'd make a great Ground contractor because you're ruthless enough to embrace the exploitation inherent in your beloved business model.

vantexan

I talk to enough of the Express guys here to know that much of what you, Cactus, Van and the other whiners constantly complain about just ain't true.
Care to spell out what exactly isn't true? I've been all over the U.S. with FedEx and most in every location are angry about what the company has done. The company loves to say "why don't you leave if it's so bad" knowing full well that they have us over the barrel with the economy. So please spell out what's untrue? You must associate with topped out couriers who are happy with what they got.

bacha29

Van you have done nothing but to point out all the wrongs that company has done to you and others but in the very same moment you are right there to defend and embrace the 1% who govern and control U.S economic policy and labor law. The result is a direct contradiction. In the span of a single sentence you are crying about what is in your opinion government over regulation but in the same sentence gripping about the failure of government to enact the measures that better ensures your well being. Keep in mind something about UPS. UPS was in business decades before X came along. The unions had power back then X on the other hand came along decades later and is the child of industry deregulation. People wanted less government involvement in the business and they got .As a result an opportunistic few who were the drivers behind deregulation became instant billionaires.