Ground salaries

bbsam

Staff member
"The system" doesn't give a damn and to a large extent, neither do I. When people find a better position and move on, there are no hurt feelings. Mostly, though, people just settle in to where they are. You know about that, don't you?

vantexan

"The system" doesn't give a damn and to a large extent, neither do I. When people find a better position and move on, there are no hurt feelings. Mostly, though, people just settle in to where they are. You know about that, don't you?

​At better pay, such as it is, than your Ground drivers. But I'm not the one collaborating with the...er, enabling the corporation to exploit people to enrich themselves.

bbsam

Staff member
​At better pay, such as it is, than your Ground drivers.

The number isn't he point. The settling part is. You probably could have done better for yourself, but you bought into all that "Fedex Cares" crap. Now you're left looking rather foolish with few options. My drivers live under no such illusion.

vantexan

The number isn't he point. The settling part is. You probably could have done better for yourself, but you bought into all that "Fedex Cares" crap. Now you're left looking rather foolish with few options. My drivers live under no such illusion.

You're right, they have no options. I'm retiring at 51. What you can't grasp is there's a wonderful world outside our borders but you are indoctrinated from childhood to believe otherwise. Your concept of a good life is a fat bank account with alot of toys and a big house. If that's not true prove it by giving your drivers much better pay. And my options? More than I can count. The FedEx "system" is a struggle if you are trying to live an American consumer lifestyle. My anger stems from not being able to get the full pension that was promised. But it was never about trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The number isn't the point. The settling part is. You probably could have done better for yourself, but you bought into all that "Fedex Cares" crap. Now you're left looking rather foolish with few options. My drivers live under no such illusion.
I'm sure your drivers turn down all offered raises and love working a dead end job just so they can work for you.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't keep up with the Jonses. My excesses have a cap, my interests are simple. I can easily live the rest of my days here in the U.S., but am not limited in travel to any borders. If one day a Nature program or Travel Chanel expose piques my interest, maybe I will explore it. Why is this possi le? Because I didn't settle and when my opportunity arrived, I took it. I don't know what opportunities come the way of my drivers but I certainly don't feel the need nor ability to create their destiny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're right, they have no options. I'm retiring at 51. What you can't grasp is there's a wonderful world outside our borders but you are indoctrinated from childhood to believe otherwise. Your concept of a good life is a fat bank account with alot of toys and a big house. If that's not true prove it by giving your drivers much better pay. And my options? More than I can count. The FedEx "system" is a struggle if you are trying to live an American consumer lifestyle. My anger stems from not being able to get the full pension that was promised. But it was never about trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Here's the deal. Maybe I want to be paid enough and have enough of a retirement plan to retire in the USA if I so choose. You are being forced to retire to Mexico, and you're OK with that...which is fine. I don't happen to be a big fan of Mexico, but maybe I want to retire in Chicago so I can be close to MT3 and play with my toys...which I happen to like. We don't have an option to keep up with the Joneses because Fred has taken it away.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Here's the deal. Maybe I want to be paid enough and have enough of a retirement plan to retire in the USA if I so choose. You are being forced to retire to Mexico, and you're OK with that...which is fine. I don't happen to be a big fan of Mexico, but maybe I want to retire in Chicago so I can be close to MT3 and play with my toys...which I happen to like. We don't have an option to keep up with the Joneses because Fred has taken it away.

They'll be trying to keep up with the "Vantexans" in Mexico

vantexan

More power to you. Most Americans will do just that. I've been fascinated with different cultures most of my life and realized long ago that even with a traditional pension FedEx wasn't going to provide much of a retirement in the States. And it's not just Mexico. The point is that everyone should do what they want as long as they aren't hurting others. If your idea of a great retirement is a beautiful home in a nice suburb near family and friends then great. That comes at a price most of us can't afford. I've been saying all along that there are alternatives available but it would require most Americans to set aside preconceived ideas and take an objective look at what's available. Given a chance many would be pleasantly surprised. Based on some comments here I don't think many Americans will give it a chance, but more and more are doing it all the time. Look at it this way. Early pioneers to the Americas had to build the infrastructure from the ground up. But moving to quite a few cities in Latin America doesn't require that kind of sacrifice. You can even get the NFL package on satellite tv in Mexico.

overflowed

More power to you. Most Americans will do just that. I've been fascinated with different cultures most of my life and realized long ago that even with a traditional pension FedEx wasn't going to provide much of a retirement in the States. And it's not just Mexico. The point is that everyone should do what they want as long as they aren't hurting others. If your idea of a great retirement is a beautiful home in a nice suburb near family and friends then great. That comes at a price most of us can't afford. I've been saying all along that there are alternatives available but it would require most Americans to set aside preconceived ideas and take an objective look at what's available. Given a chance many would be pleasantly surprised. Based on some comments here I don't think many Americans will give it a chance, but more and more are doing it all the time. Look at it this way. Early pioneers to the Americas had to build the infrastructure from the ground up. But moving to quite a few cities in Latin America doesn't require that kind of sacrifice. You can even get the NFL package on satellite tv in Mexico.

Dude, it would be nice if you can afford to stay here. However, go where you can afford and be happy. No one on this site has any right to tell you where you can retire to. Hell, in ten years you might just start an Express trend for retired employees. You might be annoying at times with you views, but it's just that. Views. I heard Cuba is inexpensive. Missile prices are going for steals.