guns

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If I make some assertions in the heat of the moment, but don't have the stats in front of me, will you give me the benefit of the doubt?:)
February 2, 2015 Update In an update to cover the decline in crime and criminal gun use since this was posted: The 2013 National Crime Victimize Survey report there were almost exactly 300,000 crimes, including murders, facilitated with a firearm.

Of those, not more than 5,000 can be shown to have been facilitated with a firearm legally purchased by the offender.

For those seeking more information, there are more than a thousand posts at the Alley covering various aspects of the overwhelming percentage of crimes committed with stolen and trafficked guns.

This is the best I can find. Unfortunately criminals don't go in and say "Yes, I committed these murders with this illegal gun"

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
tva1RYm.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Seeking tighter controls over firearm purchases, the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

But critics — including gun rights activists, mental health experts and advocates for the disabled — say that expanding the list of prohibited gun owners based on financial competence is wrongheaded .

Though such a ban would keep at least some people who pose a danger to themselves or others from owning guns, the strategy undoubtedly would also include numerous people who may just have a bad memory or difficulty balancing a checkbook, the critics argue.

"Someone can be incapable of managing their funds but not be dangerous, violent or unsafe," said Dr. Marc Rosen, a Yale psychiatrist who has studied how veterans with mental health problems manage their money. "They are very different determinations.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The president is going to cause a 'run' on gun sales by just opening his mouth...........take guns away from Social Security recipients??? They'll be out buying them if that's your new idea.

Overpaid Union Thug

The president is going to cause a 'run' on gun sales by just opening his mouth...........take guns away from Social Security recipients??? They'll be out buying them if that's your new idea.
This is why I think Obama is secretly heavily invested in guns. Either way he has been the best thing to ever happen as far as gun sales are concerned.