guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Rickyb didn't post his data, why don't you ridicule him?

ricky's data came from him copying Hedges who used the Brady anti gun numbers. He even distorted them to make them look worse than reality. US does not have the highest % of gun ownership in the world and about 85% of the shootings mentioned are criminal and gang related. If anyone wants to check those numbers they can google them. Maybe they will learn something.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to the gov't controlled media , all immigrants are only here in the USA to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do .
Unfortunately that is not the truth .
Go ask a local cop about how dumb our system is ; cops stop an undocumented driver for a traffic violation , driver has no id , ask for name and is given a name that is not found in system , cops sends car to impound yard , issues driver a court citation , driver never shows up to court, next time cop sees this driver he is going by another name .
Same can be said for parking violations , they will never pay them . Here a car can be impounded for unpaid tickets . But by then the undocumented driver has another car .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ricky's data came from him copying Hedges who used the Brady anti gun numbers. He even distorted them to make them look worse than reality. US does not have the highest % of gun ownership in the world and about 85% of the shootings mentioned are criminal and gang related. If anyone wants to check those numbers they can google them. Maybe they will learn something.
So he only uses one source ?
Rather bias of him .

rickyb

from chris hedges-

there are some 310 million firearms in the United States, including 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns. There is no reliable data on the number of military-style assault weapons in private hands, but the working estimate is about 1.5 million. The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world—an average of 89 per 100 people, according to the 2007 Small Arms Survey. By comparison, Canada has 31 per 100 people. Canada usually sees under 200 gun-related homicides a year. Our addiction to violence and bloodletting—which will continue to grow—marks a nation in terminal decline

another 51100 injured who did not die from guns every year in america.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
from chris hedges-

there are some 310 million firearms in the United States, including 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns. There is no reliable data on the number of military-style assault weapons in private hands, but the working estimate is about 1.5 million. The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world—an average of 89 per 100 people, according to the 2007 Small Arms Survey. By comparison, Canada has 31 per 100 people. Canada usually sees under 200 gun-related homicides a year. Our addiction to violence and bloodletting—which will continue to grow—marks a nation in terminal decline

rickyb , you should update your source because since 2007 gun sales have doubled each year thanks to obama .
And just what is a military style assault weapon ?
Our military uses pump action shotguns , is that considered military style ?
A majority of the guns available are semi-automatic ; one trigger pull = one shot fired .

oldngray

nowhere special
from chris hedges-

That is guns per capita. Not the rate of individual ownership which is much lower.

You need to read other sources for your information. Or learn to comprehend what you are reading.

rickyb

That is guns per capita. Not the rate of individual ownership which is much lower.

You need to read other sources for your information. Or learn to comprehend what you are reading.
oh you know what he also said. when the government shows up in military / SWAT vehicles to your house, the gun owners wont fight back. i think he quoted what happened in Yugoslavia.

you guys cant even fight back with peaceful protest, why would you all of a sudden fight back when theres tanks at your front door?

and i think alot of the gun debate is divide and conquer. im guessing its one of the top 20 reasons for death / injury in america so its a major problem.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
oh you know what he also said. when the government shows up in military / SWAT vehicles to your house, the gun owners wont fight back. i think he quoted what happened in Yugoslavia.

you guys cant even fight back with peaceful protest, why would you all of a sudden fight back when theres tanks at your front door?

and i think alot of the gun debate is divide and conquer. im guessing its one of the top 20 reasons for death / injury in america so its a major problem.
You can see America from your parents basement in Canada?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Why I Don't Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun as I don't feel the need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because where I live there is no need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because there are no real threats in my world.

I don't carry a gun because I have chosen to live in an area where guns are not needed.

I don't carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear.

I don't carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Some may call me naive, some may call me foolish, but I don't carry a gun, will never carry a gun, and I do not feel like I am less of a man or person for not doing so. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in areas where this is a concern in your lives. These beliefs are mine and, yes, they were formed as the result of a tragedy in my family. I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.

This is nice but I guess criminals like to stay in one area. It is nice you don't have one, I don't have one either. However I am not naive to think I live in a world of unicorns and cotton candy. Criminals can hit you or any family member anywhere at anytime they want. Your point of view is fine just don't be naive about it.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
from chris hedges-

And yet, America is one of the safest countries on the planet.

Don't believe me, go to any county in the middle east.

Or South America.

Or Africa.

Or India or Pakistan.

Or most of the Asian countries.

Let me know how that works out for you.

oldngray

nowhere special
original.jpg