guns

oldngray

nowhere special
The definition of "detachable" in California is that the magazine must require some sort of tool to remove. Since it is impossible to load an AR-15 magazine without removing it first, AR-15 owners who want a pistol grip or other cosmetic feature on their gun devised a work-around called a "bullet button" that allows the magazine to be removed by inserting the tip of a bullet (technically a tool) into the latch. Their other option, if they don't want to mess with a bullet button, is to remove the pistol grip or other cosmetic feature which then allows the use of conventional 10 round magazines. The presence, or lack of, a pistol grip or bayonet lug or a flash suppressor does nothing to increase "survivability" for the victims of a mass shooting. These are cosmetic features that do not affect the function or lethality of the gun. 5 shots to the chest with a pistol-gripped AR-15 will be just as rapid and just as deadly as the same 5 shots fired from an AR-15 with a hunting rifle stock.

If you are going to require "non detachable" magazines then what you are really wanting to do is to ban all semi-automatic guns because it is impossible to load a magazine without detaching it first. So please explain to me your plan for forcibly confiscating 150 million unregistered guns and 500-700 million unregistered detachable magazines from gun owners who do not want to give them up.

If you are going to require "non detachable" magazines then what you are really wanting to do is to ban all semi-automatic guns because it is impossible to load a magazine without detaching it first.

- not exactly true. Stripper clips are used to reload a magazine which can be either fixed or detachable. Almost never seen on modern firearms but they do exist. One example would be the M-14.

For practical purposes you are correct though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you are going to require "non detachable" magazines then what you are really wanting to do is to ban all semi-automatic guns because it is impossible to load a magazine without detaching it first.

- not exactly true. Stripper clips are used to reload a magazine which can be either fixed or detachable. Almost never seen on modern firearms but they do exist. One example would be the M-14.

For practical purposes you are correct though.
Virtually all modern semi-automatics cannot be loaded using stripper clips.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Again, you define what is wrong with gun owners.

You have time to figure out how to kill people instead of worrying about protecting your own home, which is suppose to be the intention of the gun.

IF there was 100 people in a building with a man shooting a pump action shotgun, the survivability goes up tremendously. The pumping action itself is a distraction and people could survive and overcome a suspect.

With an AR15 with a 100 round drum mag, people dont have that same chance.

You can argue all you want, if shotguns were that easy to use during a mass shooting, they would be used everytime, but we dont see that at all, and rather, we see assault style weapons like the SKS being used because of the HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES they can use.

What part of HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES dont you understand?

TOS.
The difference between you and I is that I actually own guns and have a working knowledge of how they operate, whereas you appear to have learned everything you know about guns by watching "A-Team" on TV when you were a child.

wayfair

swollen member
TIL @Dr.Brown has never rolled a stop, changed lanes without signaling or gone 5mph over the legal speed limit.

As Jeb Bush said last night, kudos to @Dr.Brown.

haven't had a ticket in over 22 years.

Last time I got pulled over, I was driving PC and got a warning.

anything else you want to learn?

Friends love to raz me about changing lanes... laughed at how often I use the signal

Gear

Parts on Order
You can argue all you want, if shotguns were that easy to use during a mass shooting, they would be used everytime, but we dont see that at all, and rather, we see assault style weapons like the SKS being used because of the HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES they can use.

What part of HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES dont you understand?

TOS.

SKS's come with a fixed 10 round clip. You load it from the bottom. Adding an aftermarket 20-30 magazine causes it to jam. They're my least favorite rifle. But, I bought them years ago for $98, new in the box still covered is cosmoline, now my girls are worth $300 a piece. The SKS is a bad choice of rifle when talking about high capacity magazines.