guns

bbsam

Staff member
More cases than not? Listen to what you just said. Compare the number of guns in homes for self-protection with the number of accidents or unintended victims, and I think you will see just how erroneous and exaggerated your claims are. For a person that has no desire to ban firearms, you sure talk like one!
Perhaps I should say in those cases in which a fire arm is used (other than hunting) the victim seems more often a family member or upon further review an unintended victim. And remember, my posting on this subject has to do with the "shoot first and ask questions later" mentality to self defense as well as responsible gun ownership. If those responsibilities seem too stringent for gun owners, perhaps they need to rethink their own position. How else would the state have a "well regulated militia" without "regulations" or "laws".

island1fox

Perhaps I should say in those cases in which a fire arm is used (other than hunting) the victim seems more often a family member or upon further review an unintended victim. And remember, my posting on this subject has to do with the "shoot first and ask questions later" mentality to self defense as well as responsible gun ownership. If those responsibilities seem too stringent for gun owners, perhaps they need to rethink their own position. How else would the state have a "well regulated militia" without "regulations" or "laws".

bbsam,
I for one have no problem with regulations and laws regarding our right to keep and bear arms. I would like to see the present laws enforced with strict penalty guidelines.
I do not want any law that takes away my right.
Are we beating a dead horse ??? Opps!!! poor choice of words. :wink2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I would not say he "deserved" to die, but that was the result and I find little reason to fret over it.

Brett,

Did you read Jones' post below prior to making the statement above?

I'm all for everyone's right to bare arms but actively going outside to hunt someone down is not an act of self defense.. Something to fret about in my opinion...:sad-little:

This was not an instance of Mr Crouthers having to make a split second decision where no matter what he chose to do, someone was going to die. There was no break in. In fact according to the police report there was no evidence even of an attempted break in. The boy never entered Mr Crouthers' house. He wasn't even standing at the door when Mr Crouthers went outside to look for him. He was drunk and went to wrong house, that's it. The police had been called and were on the way, no one was trying to break in, and Mr Crouthers was safe inside his house armed with a shotgun. That's hardly life or death. This was not a chain of events set into motion by the drunk young man that led inevitably to his death, Mr Crouthers made decisions the whole way, and he's responsible for those decisions. He chose to grab a loaded gun, he chose to open his front door and go outside looking for an intruder, and when he found him he chose to shoot him.
Mr Crouthers and his lawyer are now claiming as part of his defense that he did not know the gun was loaded and he only wanted to scare the boy. Think about that for a minute. He says he took a gun that he thought was unloaded(ie, useless) and went outside looking for the intruder. Would you do that? Does that sound like he was in fear for his life? And I'm not even going to get into the part of responsible gun ownership that deals with knowing whether or not a weapon is loaded.
The court may well find him not criminally liable, but he's clearly responsible for what he did.

over9five

Staff member
Got this in the mail today:

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

4. An armed man is a citizen.. An unarmed man is
a subject..

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Got this in the mail today:

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

4. An armed man is a citizen.. An unarmed man is
a subject..

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

You forgot a couple;

18. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who dont

19. George Washington didnt fight the British using the freedom of speech

bbsam

Staff member
Those are all very cute. Maybe you can forward them on to the old man's legal defense team. I'm sure they will find your wit and wisdom so very enlightening. Or you could open your own Law School at Liberty University. Or better yet, sell it to millions in a book called "The Second Amendment: Defending Your Rights in 25 Bumper Stickers Or Less". I bet that would knock Sarah Palin right off the NYT best seller list.:wink2: Oh come on. Don't get all upset. That was funny.

klein

Für Meno :)
I just read thru some of these postings, and repeatly I have read "in todays world, you need one"

No, todays America , you need one !

No doubt about it, by capita America has the most guns, and most gun crimes, homicides, robberies, etc.

Wonder how that ever happened ?

P

pickup

I just read thru some of these postings, and repeatly I have read "in todays world, you need one"

No, todays America , you need one !

No doubt about it, by capita America has the most guns, and most gun crimes, homicides, robberies, etc.

Wonder how that ever happened ?

Here's your answer, Klein.

[video=youtube;Zqh6Ap9ldTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqh6Ap9ldTs[/video]

Babagounj

Strength through joy
by DefendUSx December 21, 2009 14:38 By David Codera

We all make mistakes, so perhaps this is just one of those cases where the results lend themselves to ridicule. From Fox News:
It may sound absurd. But President Obama signed a bill into law Wednesday that requires passengers who carry firearms aboard Amtrak be locked in boxes for their journey.

It's a mistake in the law's wording. But for now, the clerical error is the law of the land.
I'm sure there's no shortage of antis who would have no problem getting on board with that idea.

CRASH501

As it will clearly read on my new buisness cards as a certified n.r.a. Instructor " i carry a gun because i can't carry a cop, also i have not yet learned to throw a rocks at 1200 feet per second . When seconds count.....cops respond in minutes . An unarmed man can only run from violence....that doesnt mean violence will run away. " col jonh " jeff " cooper usmc dec'd. " i also thank my trainjing coach james rizzo for introducing me to this quote

island1fox

:happy-very:I recently came across an amusing article concerning a liberal TV host interviewing an Australian Military officer about a youth training program the officer was involved with.
The officer stated that the young people were also trained in the proper use and handling of firearms.
The shocked female host Asked the Military man why was equiping them to become murderers.
After a moment --the Military man responded to the female reporter by asking her the following question:"As a female you are equipped to be a Prostitute ------ Are you ????:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
:happy-very:I recently came across an amusing article concerning a liberal TV host interviewing an Australian Military officer about a youth training program the officer was involved with.
The officer stated that the young people were also trained in the proper use and handling of firearms.
The shocked female host Asked the Military man why was equiping them to become murderers.
After a moment --the Military man responded to the female reporter by asking her the following question:"As a female you are equipped to be a Prostitute ------ Are you ????:wink2:
Men are equipped to be prostitues also. Not a question of equipment just a matter of usage.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
Good point --the same can be said about guns !!!:wink2:
Right. And male prostitutes can accidently discharge...I'm going to stop now and just suffice it to say that they too receive unintended consequences from their usage which they must live with.

island1fox

Right. And male prostitutes can accidently discharge...I'm going to stop now and just suffice it to say that they too receive unintended consequences from their usage which they must live with.

bbsam,
I know --not you ---but watch out maybe people will be calling for mass castrations !!!:wink2: