guns

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
While technically true, not always the case. A law abiding citizen can kill someone with or without a gun and still not be a criminal.
We had one such case here, I guess about 2 years ago now. It started out as a road rage out on the highway. After getting into town the victim pulled into a local grocery store parking lot. The perp got out of his vehicle and came after the victim with an ax. The victim shot and killed the perp. It was determined to be self defense and no charges were filed.

We had one such case here, I guess about 2 years ago now. It started out as a road rage out on the highway. After getting into town the victim pulled into a local grocery store parking lot. The perp got out of his vehicle and came after the victim with an ax. The victim shot and killed the perp. It was determined to be self defense and no charges were filed.
Exactly.

rod

Retired 22 years

Apparently that guy had never heard the old saying about "never take an ax or a knife to gun fight"

bbsam

Staff member
So how do the crazy people get the guns? And if they are crazy but not diagnosed as such, do they own the weapon legally?

klein

Für Meno :)
So how do the crazy people get the guns? And if they are crazy but not diagnosed as such, do they own the weapon legally?

Gee, don't you know, some people are totally normal at age 21 and qualify for a gun.
They are suppose to stay "normal" until they die.
But, for some odd natural reason, people can turn crazy later in life , too.
Be it being addictive to drugs, or alcohol, or just turn mean, because of their surroundings later in life.

Just look at some idiots driving on the roads, and it's much more harder to get a driver's license, then to get a permit for buying a gun in the US.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

There are any number of online classified ads and Internet forums similar to this one where guns are legally bought and sold between private parties. There is also a black market for stolen guns, just as there is for stolen cars or drugs or any other illegal item. Criminals who desire these things will always be able to find them.

The difference between guns and other contraband, however, is that if guns are illegal and I obey the law and dont have one, the criminal who does have one has been given a monopoly of force. By obeying the law I place myself at the mercy of the criminal who breaks it.

If you ever watch any of the wildlife shows that are filmed on the plains of Africa, you will notice that the jackals and hyenas and other predators never go after the big bulls with the horns who can fight back. That is the same reason why so many of the unfortunate massacres that have taken place over the last 30 years have occured in schools or other so-called "gun free" zones where the lunatic is guaranteed to find an ample supply of helpless and unarmed victims that have been conveniently herded into a confined area by the Kleins of the world who cannot abide the thought of a law-abiding person taking up arms in their own defense.

soberups

Just look at some idiots driving on the roads, and it's much more harder to get a driver's license, then to get a permit for buying a gun in the US.

Driving is not a Constitutional right. It is a privelege that is bestowed at the discretion of the government.

There is a reason that the right to keep and bear arms is right up there with the right to speak freely, worship freely, or be secure in our persons against unreasonable searches and siezures. And it doesnt have anything to do with hunting or target practice or any "sporting" purpose. Like it or not,the Founding Fathers envisioned an armed populace as the final line of defense against an authoritarian government.

That, my dear Klein, is the reason why I am a citizen of a Republic while you are the subject of a Crown.

klein

I would take back that republic comment.
There are more republic countries out there ya know ?
Federal Republic of Germany, Republic of France, Republic of Austria, Czech Republic and so on. Most of Europe are republic countries, besides England, Sweden, and Holland.

If you think it's safe to arm almost every one in the US, so be it.
And you are right. Driving is a previlige, and owning a gun is a RIGHT.

Honestly, if the founding fathers knew, tens of thousands are being shot every year in the US these days, it wouldn't have been a right.
Oh well, atleast it keeps the healthcare providers busy.
Just that 1 single bullet to Gifford, must be costing $10 million plus.

As a person who`s taken the test to get a CDL, has gone with his 16 yr old to get her license, and has gone through the process to get a FOID card I can assure you that you have come up once again wrong.

Stick to liquor. It`s the solution to all your problems.

klein

As a person who`s taken the test to get a CDL, has gone with his 16 yr old to get her license, and has gone through the process to get a FOID card I can assure you that you have come up once again wrong.

Stick to liquor. It`s the solution to all your problems.

Ok Cach, I believe you, accidents are caused by cars, not by the people who drive them !

I would take back that republic comment.
There are more republic countries out there ya know ?
Federal Republic of Germany, Republic of France, Republic of Austria, Czech Republic and so on. Most of Europe are republic countries, besides England, Sweden, and Holland.

If you think it's safe to arm almost every one in the US, so be it.
And you are right. Driving is a previlige, and owning a gun is a RIGHT.

Honestly, if the founding fathers knew, tens of thousands are being shot every year in the US these days, it wouldn't have been a right.
Oh well, atleast it keeps the healthcare providers busy.
Just that 1 single bullet to Gifford, must be costing $10 million plus.

Take the time to read his post. He said "a Republic" not "The Republic". There was no claim of superiority the once again there was no need of you to Google facts and liquor induced vomit them onto us.

Ok Cach, I believe you, accidents are caused by cars, not by the people who drive them !

And what does that have to do with my statement? You stated that "Just look at some idiots driving on the roads, and it's much more harder to get a driver's license, then to get a permit for buying a gun in the US." I pointed out, from experience, that you were incorrect. Now you are recycling More`s political cartoon?

For your safety put down the bottle. At least for the rest of the night. You are already showing signs of possible brain damage.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There are any number of online classified ads and Internet forums similar to this one where guns are legally bought and sold between private parties. There is also a black market for stolen guns, just as there is for stolen cars or drugs or any other illegal item. Criminals who desire these things will always be able to find them.

The difference between guns and other contraband, however, is that if guns are illegal and I obey the law and dont have one, the criminal who does have one has been given a monopoly of force. By obeying the law I place myself at the mercy of the criminal who breaks it.

If you ever watch any of the wildlife shows that are filmed on the plains of Africa, you will notice that the jackals and hyenas and other predators never go after the big bulls with the horns who can fight back. That is the same reason why so many of the unfortunate massacres that have taken place over the last 30 years have occured in schools or other so-called "gun free" zones where the lunatic is guaranteed to find an ample supply of helpless and unarmed victims that have been conveniently herded into a confined area by the Kleins of the world who cannot abide the thought of a law-abiding person taking up arms in their own defense.
Kind of a bad analogy Sober, the hyena. Hyenas are pack animals and will go after Cape Buffalo if the pack is big enough. And lions will absolutely go after an adult Cape and kill it. Just sayin...................... :peaceful: (been watchin NatGeoWild all day) :wink2:

soberups

Kind of a bad analogy Sober, the hyena. Hyenas are pack animals and will go after Cape Buffalo if the pack is big enough. And lions will absolutely go after an adult Cape and kill it. Just sayin...................... :peaceful: (been watchin NatGeoWild all day) :wink2:

If they are hungry enough, and no weaker or easier prey is available, then yes they will go after the big bull. And more than likely, a few of them will "get the horns' by the time the fight is over with.:wink2:

I once saw video of a pack of 4 hyenas trying to take down a Wildebeast, one of the big ones with horns. The Wildebeast whipped its head around and impaled one of the hyenas right thru the guts, then kicked it and broke one of its legs.

You know what happened? The remaining 3 hyenas immediately left that Wildebeast alone, and started devouring their crippled and bleeding pack-mate. It was a powerful reminder of the brutal and impersonal manner in which Mother Nature often works.:sick:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If they are hungry enough, and no weaker or easier prey is available, then yes they will go after the big bull. And more than likely, a few of them will "get the horns' by the time the fight is over with.:wink2:

I once saw video of a pack of 4 hyenas trying to take down a Wildebeast, one of the big ones with horns. The Wildebeast whipped its head around and impaled one of the hyenas right thru the guts, then kicked it and broke one of its legs.

You know what happened? The remaining 3 hyenas immediately left that Wildebeast alone, and started devouring their crippled and bleeding pack-mate. It was a powerful reminder of the brutal and impersonal manner in which Mother Nature often works.:sick:
Very true.:happy-very:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Gee, don't you know, some people are totally normal at age 21 and qualify for a gun.
I thought you only had to be 18 to own a gun...its 21 now? Oh wait...thats for Alcohol which you know so much about....
They are suppose to stay "normal" until they die.
When did you go from being "normal"?
But, for some odd natural reason, people can turn crazy later in life , too.
Are all shrinks alcoholics?
Be it being addictive to drugs, or alcohol, or just turn mean, because of their surroundings later in life.
Ummm...you said addictive and alcohol...are you going to take the first step to recovery?