Hating WalMart...........

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
China controls our marketplace and owns most of our debt--it may be that we no longer have a choice.

There is always a choice, At current, we will never pay off the debt to China. The only chance to pay it off is to halt spending and increase tax revenue. Neither of which the current American population will allow. We as a nation are cutting our own throats on a daily basis and seem to enjoy the pain!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is always a choice, At current, we will never pay off the debt to China. The only chance to pay it off is to halt spending and increase tax revenue. Neither of which the current American population will allow. We as a nation are cutting our own throats on a daily basis and seem to enjoy the pain!!

If I could afford, would pay people not to shop at Wal-Mart. Stand right at the door and hand out $20s .

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, everyone acts like WalMart is the only store that carries product that says "made in China". Geez, it's on the bottom of stuff in Marshall's Homegoods, T.J.Maxx, Target, 99 Cent Store, Dollar Tree, ....etc. Some rich guy should start a store called A.O......American Only. If the stuff is all in one place, then people might buy American, but if you have to read 800,000 labels or turn over 400,000 items, they're not gonna do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know, everyone acts like WalMart is the only store that carries product that says "made in China". Geez, it's on the bottom of stuff in Marshall's Homegoods, T.J.Maxx, Target, 99 Cent Store, Dollar Tree, ....etc. Some rich guy should start a store called A.O......American Only. If the stuff is all in one place, then people might buy American, but if you have to read 800,000 labels or turn over 400,000 items, they're not gonna do it.

It is the way that Walmart employees are treated, the way Walmart treats its vendors/suppliers and the fact that Walmart shifts the burden of providing healthcare to local municipalities.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
My bedroom is full of beautiful Keller furniture. I wanted another piece for my room and I was told that this OLD company was gone. But - I could buy an entire room full of ASHLEY for what I paid for my husband's High-Boy dresser. We make choices - every day. I will spend the extra 10% on an item from my local ACE Hardware store - because it matters. I fear the day Ace Hardware and True Value - vanish from the landscape. That guy at Lowe's or Home Depot - they can't help me as much as the Helpful Hardware Man at Ace!! It is the fault of the consumer. The choices we make. Are Louisville Sluggers still made in Louisville? What happens when they stop making these in Louisville? Check this out and start by making a difference. Please note: Remember that shipping and handling charges are how we get paid!! http://www.madeinusaproductsstore.com/

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I do most of my shopping at Costco or the local Fred Meyer (also known as Krogers in other parts of the country). Costco employees have excellent wages and benefits, as do Fred Meyer employees who are also union. I wouldnt set foot in a Wal Mart if they were giving their crap away for free.

We are Costco fans too...great store and great prices. We shop at Kroger which is Fred Myers because they have better produce and meats than most other stores. I dont mind paying higher prices for quality and service. I dont need the headaches and disgust i get from Wally World. Walmart just plain sucks...

Mike57

Many of the other countries that WalMart is in REQUIRE unions represent the employes/associates. Just a quick point.But yet here in the states WalMart won't have anything to do with unions.
That's my 2 cents

wkmac

We are Costco fans too...great store and great prices. We shop at Kroger which is Fred Myers because they have better produce and meats than most other stores. I dont mind paying higher prices for quality and service. I dont need the headaches and disgust i get from Wally World. Walmart just plain sucks...

We like Kroger also. In our area the dominate grocery stores are Kroger (union) along with Publix and SuperWalmart which are non-union. Pricewise for us, Kroger beats Publix by a longshot and is dead even with Walmart. Certain selections may vary between Kroger and Walmart but for us the food dollar get's spent at Kroger. Our produce bill has dropped as we are growing more and more of our own and hope over time to increase that.

As for shopping at the union grocer verses the non-union, we don't make that choice specifically for that reason but just that the union grocer for us works out the cheaper of them all does give me reason to smile. I always felt the whole union blame game for it's employee costs was as much red herring as not by owners and the business world who were just to damn lazy to be creative. To hear the "union workers cause all ills" crowd would mean that UPS could never turn a profit and give FedEx a real run for it's money which it does. But that's impossible right?

UPS management may grumble about us "sorry, worthless union members" but the fact that they can pull in profits, sometimes record profits means we union drones are making them look like a real genius. There's No "I" in Team!
:happy-very:

AJ, agree about Ace and True Value. I find both on what they carry competitive with HD and Lowe's and most often far more convenient to get in and out of. When it comes to general hardware, they are great and more often than not on some not common hardware, they have plenty where HD and Lowe's have none. I love real ole school hardware stores and Feed and Seed Stores. Never fails walking down those isles you say at some point, "Oh WOW, I had no idea they still made this!" Love those moments.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No Walmart FOOD here. We just have regular old Walmart. Our Ralph's is Kroger and they just now got a tentative contract agreement. (Ralphs, Vons & Albertsons). Our DeNaults Hardware is a True Value and often has what our Lowe's doesn't . Home Depot is not an option in our town.

The place to go around here for hardware is Blain`s farm and Fleet. I can go in there and buy nuts and bolts,etc, by the pound which is handy. There still is an Ace in town but they think they can still operate on the old 9-5 schedule that worked in the old days. If something breaks on a Sat and it needs to get fixed I can go to Lowes or Menards at 10pm.

As far as food we have a bulk style store but do most of our shopping at a local store called Mario`s that is still owned by a guy in the town named Mario. There`s a certain price to pay for living in a small town but it`s worth it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Curious, so I checked.....all Super Walmarts (food ones) are minimum 30 miles or more from our town. I wonder why they don't have them here. Maybe Ralph's had something to do with it.