havent made probation yet but have been offered to go supervisor twice already

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Thanks for all the input everyone. I thought it was a little fishy. Why would they be trying to screw me over though if they realize I'm a hard worker? UPS is all about looking out for #1 I guess. It shouldn't have to be like that imo. I'll stick with hourly. Thanks again!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for all the input everyone. I thought it was a little fishy. Why would they be trying to screw me over though if they realize I'm a hard worker? UPS is all about looking out for #1 I guess. It shouldn't have to be like that imo. I'll stick with hourly. Thanks again!

Because PT sup is a black hole at ups. It's a very hard job for them to fill and its hard to move up from there.

So they try to get people to do it before they hear from others what the job entails.

Loyal Teamster

If being a pt sup was such a great job, why would they be offering it to someone who hasn't made probation?

Management saw potential in this individual. They offered him the position because he hasn't become a LAZY Union Employee YET. They want to take advantange of his good work ethics before he's poisoned by his peers(& becomes a troll).

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

anonymous4

Who becomes poisoned by lazy people? You're your own person. If you are susceptible to getting mad at others for working at x pace, and subsequently slowing down because of it, maybe it's time to..

the_man_in_the_mirror_by_mabmeddowsmercury.gif

(I know you're trolling)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LMAO, he proved he couldn't do our job day in/day out, so he then gets to oversee us and tell us that we need to do better and we're all worthless. Makes sense to me

You don't have to know how to do the job in order to manage those who do.

When I was in the military I was in charge of the vehicle maintenance program in our operation. I had no idea of how to do anything mechanically but did know how to supervise those who did.

S

serenity now

When I was in the military I was in charge of the vehicle maintenance program in our operation. I had no idea of how to do anything mechanically but did know how to supervise those who did.

View attachment 9398

LISTEN UP PEOPLE,

Upstate served his country for 8 years in the Air Force, while the rest of you civilian losers were simply trying to earn a living.

THAT IS ALL

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Great, in that case I'll go be the head of the local school board, even though I don't know how to educate children.

I have ZERO respect for someone who will tell me how to do something, while at the same time not being able to do the very same thing.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
This is correct---if a PT sup gets selected as the outside hire and does not qualify they are basically out of a job.

We've had a PT supervisor who was disqualified as a driver & return to PT supervision.

We also had a PT supervisor who qualified, but returned to supervisor during periods in which he was laid off. :-/

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Non-union driver or union supervisor?

He was a union driver working as a non-union managerial employee while he was laid off. He was notorious for writing long notes in the files of PTers he didn't like.

I didn't think this was right, but my BA didn't have a problem with it (two different job classifications - PT/FT).