He said, she said Termination

Catatonic

Nine Lives
GeorgiaBrown-

It is a sad commentary when an internationally known, highly visible, multi billionaire dollar a year, fortune 500 company has to treat their employees like this.

The seed of anger, hate and bitterness has been planted in you. That seed will continue to grow, multiply and mutate for years to come.

Don't do anything extra for management OR your customers.

As others have said....being in atlanta probably didn't help the matter any. Those people don't have anything else to do and have to substantiate their job somehow.

friend these people.

UPS has the EAP for people with mental health issues. :wink2:

trickpony1

UPS has the EAP for people with mental health issues. :wink2:

Yup. You're right........and after reading about the stugging GB took only a fool would get the company/EAP involved in their personal life....especially if they are a commercial driver.

Any more concerns?

....and,yes, I see the cutesy, winking icon which would suggest you're joking.

Hoax-
(just an afterthought) 7 weeks of pay may not be alot of money to you but it is to some of us.

humor on..........

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, Georgia, it's back to work tomorrow, with some hard feelings (no doubt).
But, what I said before, in time everything will pass.
In a year from now.. it's long history.
You do your job everyday, like you have been used to.

But, you know what to do, when you quit on your own terms.
You give them, just as much notice, as they have giving you.

In the meantime, try to save as much money as you can, kinda like for every day worked, another day of early retirement.
Work towards that goal of becomming independant from UPS.

GeorgiaBrown

Upstate,

You are assuming quite a lot about me from reading posts off a message board don't you think? Where did I ever interject that I was better than anyone on this message board.... find the quote and paste it for me...... I NEVER said I was better than anyone else here..... I only questioned if I could make better career choices.... and I also made the observation that UPS people tend to get caught up with the whole culture and it is hard to detach yourself when not at work.....are you actually going to deny this? As an example how many (pick a profession) spend some of their off hours talking, chatting, discussing on a website devoted to the professions which they work? I would submit not many at all in the grand scheme of things. Please note that I did not exclude myself from this notation. Regardless I do thank you for your advice and opinions.....it's all information and the exchange of information is good.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
GeorgiaBrown-
I waited until you made your decision to offer my opinion.

It is a sad commentary when an internationally known, highly visible, multi billionaire dollar a year, fortune 500 company has to treat their employees like this.

As others have said, a warning letter or maybe 3 days off would have sufficed.

The seed of anger, hate and bitterness has been planted in you. That seed will continue to grow, multiply and mutate for years to come.

I can't speak for you but if it were me and I was on area and I had a question, thought I had a question or wasn't sure if I had a question, I would message in and stand right there until I got a message back detailing what I should do in a particular situation. When I got back to center I would request, with a steward present, both sides of that message and file it.

I know a feeder driver that lost 10 weeks of pay and didn't do anything wrong. He did exactly as instructed.

Don't do anything extra for management OR your customers. Don't get on the truck early and massage your load, don't skip lunch, don't break trace......I don't need to go on.......you get the message.

Try to work through the love-> hate-> indifference sequence......you will live longer.
You loved it as evidenced by clo H to give the customer another day. You hated it as evidenced by the stugging you took. The final step is indifference where you just don't care. The pay is the same.

As others have said....being in atlanta probably didn't help the matter any. Those people don't have anything else to do and have to substantiate their job somehow.

friend these people.
Thanks for the prop's, trick. Nice post!

Upstate,

You are assuming quite a lot about me from reading posts off a message board don't you think? Where did I ever interject that I was better than anyone on this message board.... find the quote and paste it for me...... I NEVER said I was better than anyone else here..... I only questioned if I could make better career choices.... and I also made the observation that UPS people tend to get caught up with the whole culture and it is hard to detach yourself when not at work.....are you actually going to deny this? As an example how many (pick a profession) spend some of their off hours talking, chatting, discussing on a website devoted to the professions which they work? I would submit not many at all in the grand scheme of things. Please note that I did not exclude myself from this notation. Regardless I do thank you for your advice and opinions.....it's all information and the exchange of information is good.
* Note to self*, Talk to Cheryl and see if she would like to franchise out the Brown Cafe idea and aim it towards differing professions. For example, a Brown Cafe for Dr's, Lawyer's, Janitor's, Teacher's and such.

Talk to Cheryl and see if she would like to franchise out the Brown Cafe idea and aim it towards differing professions. For example, a Brown Cafe for Dr's, Lawyer's, Janitor's, Teacher's and such.

Something tells me the "Brown Cafe" site for the proctology profession may not be as popular.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yup. You're right........and after reading about the stugging GB took only a fool would get the company/EAP involved in their personal life....especially if they are a commercial driver.

Any more concerns?

....and,yes, I see the cutesy, winking icon which would suggest you're joking.

humor on..........

Sorry if you don't like my smart*** humor. However, I enjoy it too much! :devil3:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
someone suggested (otherside I think) that I just try and make up the lost money with overtime..... (that is not and has never been my style) I like to do my job and go home and I think perhaps that will be a difficult trend for me to break....($45 an hour is cool but my free time is more valuable than that)

I would think 7 weeks of free time would be enough.

GeorgiaBrown

Brownmonster,

I look at it like this...... everybody's days are numbered....life is finite..... do I really want to spend any more time than I have to dressed like a walking turd?.......in other words time is more valuable than money..... you can make more money.....not sure how to create more time......and before Upstate gets offended and thinks I called him a walking turd........ just let me say......NO!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Brownmonster,

I look at it like this...... everybody's days are numbered....life is finite..... do I really want to spend any more time than I have to dressed like a walking turd?.......

You mean like this guy?
1846.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoaxster,
You nailed it.............
That's the reflection I see in the mirror on the way to work.........

...if that is truly the way you feel perhaps it is time for you to move on. Finish up your degree, move back to Mayberry, buy a nice house with a white picket fence...

No, I don't love my job and am saddened by the direction the company has taken since '97, but I do take pride in the uniform and in my job. This may be a carryover from my military days but I know that when I wear the uniform I represent my employer and try to do so with dignity.

BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
...if that is truly the way you feel perhaps it is time for you to move on. Finish up your degree, move back to Mayberry, buy a nice house with a white picket fence...

No, I don't love my job and am saddened by the direction the company has taken since '97, but I do take pride in the uniform and in my job. This may be a carryover from my military days but I know that when I wear the uniform I represent my employer and try to do so with dignity.

BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?
Jeez, cut him some slack. He just spent 7 weeks without pay on what sounds like a BS charge. Early on in my career I was out for 6 weeks, and it left a bitter taste in my mouth that took a while to get over. I came back for the pay and benefits, but I sure wasn't a rah rah company guy who wore the uniform with pride and dignity. I'm long over it, but I still remember how I felt about it.

GeorgiaBrown

"BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?"

Upstate,

It's starting to matter less and less. (just kidding)....lol
I know how you love those parentheses.

You should be happy...Brady and the Patriots pulled one out.