He said, she said Termination

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I know 1 thing, if I get my semi truck licence here, I can drive In Canada, but won`t be able to do so in the USA.
(I won`t be able to cross boarders with the truck).

1 or 2 beers, or a glass wine...with a meal, does no harm at all.
Is this because the DUI limit here is a lot lower than there?

Don't believe everything that people tell you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Is this because the DUI limit here is a lot lower than there?

Don't believe everything that people tell you.

Much harsher here. 1st offence, min 1 year licence suspension, plus min $500 fine.
0.8 promille... like there.
And google it, for diabetics for truck drivers. I know that for a fact.
I had to take classes.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Much harsher here. 1st offence, min 1 year licence suspension, plus min $500 fine.
0.8 promille... like there.
Honestly, I don't see all that much difference between our countries. I don't know why Obama doesn't just invade and take over your country, and spread the "free" healthcare plan throughout his new kingdom.

langenhousr

I'm not sure of the correct answer but I would assume the worst. Is this one of those, he'll get his job back things, or was he let go for good?

Right now we are waiting for a date to go to panel. The labor relations guy at the local meeting here had no sympathy despite my husbands sincere apology and tears and so we are waiting for a date. The BA said weeks ago that the next meeting was next week but we have left 4 messages with the BA and still no return phone call. This company is a mess.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Right now we are waiting for a date to go to panel. The labor relations guy at the local meeting here had no sympathy despite my husbands sincere apology and tears and so we are waiting for a date. The BA said weeks ago that the next meeting was next week but we have left 4 messages with the BA and still no return phone call. This company is a mess.
They never do. Have hubby go down to the union hall with a tally of all the dues he's paid over the years. Tell them that you want answer's, NOW! It's well passed time to turn up the heat from your side.

GeorgiaBrown

langenhousr,

Here in the Southeast region, the panel hearing is EVERY month.... just in a different location throughout the region... mine for instance would have been held in Houston, Texas starting on the 21st of September.....my insurance was not cancelled (my wife is pregnant and has regular visits with her doctor)....still covered and since I am back at work I don't perceive a laspe in coverage... in your case..... the Union should notify you and your Cobra coverage will kick in if you elect it........(they will send you paperwork).....I would follow the advice of Stever there..... have your husband get into the ear of the BA and pay a visit to the Union hall..... there is no reason why they should not be in at least two to three contact mode with you a week. No excuse for a lack of contact from the Union, representing the members is their job! Good luck, I am aware of the tremendous stress and uncertainty you must feel at this time.....I sincerely hope things get better for you and your husband.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have been reading this thread and am really glad that you have been reinstated, GeorgiaBrown. Did you have health insurance through UPS during this time? My husband is currently in terminated status, its been 3 months, and I wonder if we still have health insurance. I haven't gotten anything in the mail stating it's been canceled. Would we?

Your husbands insurance would have remained in effect till the end of the current month he worked. After that, it is AUTOMATICALLY terminated and the cobra information sent out.

If your address wasnt updated to current living conditions, then the package may not have been sent to you. I would recomend that you call your health provider and see if they cancelled you. If they have, and its been 3 months, you would have to pay for cobra going back to the cancellation date and that isnt cheap.

Make the call today and find out.

:peaceful:

Ms.PacMan

Not just sugar free but cut down on all High-glycemic foods.
I have completely got off of Insulin by staying away from high-glycemic foods such as sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, etc. It's a great way to keep from becoming diabetic and most likely lose weight.

Hoax, can`t afford to lose anymore weight.
Under 150lbs, 5``11 tall.

If anything, insulin is a blessing to take, so my body can process the carbs I need. And gain a bit weight.. :)

Two different diabetes. Hoax is Type II and Klein you are Type I, I suspect.

And what's the difference? Type I is an auto-immune disease that destroys the insulin producing glands in the pancreas and in a word, Type II is gluttony.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Two different diabetes. Hoax is Type II and Klein you are Type I, I suspect.

And what's the difference? Type I is an auto-immune disease that destroys the insulin producing glands in the pancreas and in a word, Type II is gluttony.

Thank you Dr. Ignorant. May I suggest you stick to explaining things you actually understand like sweeping floors.

But that is the problem with ignorant, stupid people ... they are too stupid to understand their ignorance. :wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Much of the food we eat is turned into sugar in the blood for our bodies to use for energy. A hormone produced by the pancreas called insulin helps sugar in our blood get into the cells of our bodies. If your body doesn’t make enough insulin or if the insulin doesn’t work the way it should, blood sugar can’t get into your cells and instead stays in your blood, raising your blood sugar level."

This is Type II Diabetes.......I don't see 'gluttony' mentioned in this definition. It is a medical condition. I have it too. If a person was skinny and dying of cancer, would you call it anorexia?? :sick:

Ms.PacMan

Not just sugar free but cut down on all High-glycemic foods.
I have completely got off of Insulin by staying away from high-glycemic foods such as sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, etc. It's a great way to keep from becoming diabetic and most likely lose weight.

From Merriam Webster

• Main Entry: glut·tony
  • Pronunciation: \ˈglət-nē, ˈglə-tə-nē\
  • Function: noun
  • Inflected Form(s): plural glut·ton·ies
  • Date: 13th century
1 : excess in eating or drinking

Source

You said it yourself - cut down on certain foods. I was just stating it succinctly.

I don't sweep with my broom silly, it's for flying! Geez, I thought you guys were supposed to be jolly...(that was mean - see the difference).

"Much of the food we eat is turned into sugar in the blood for our bodies to use for energy. A hormone produced by the pancreas called insulin helps sugar in our blood get into the cells of our bodies. If your body doesn’t make enough insulin or if the insulin doesn’t work the way it should, blood sugar can’t get into your cells and instead stays in your blood, raising your blood sugar level."

This is Type II Diabetes.......I don't see 'gluttony' mentioned in this definition. It is a medical condition. I have it too. If a person was skinny and dying of cancer, would you call it anorexia?? :sick:

More - If a person smokes for 30 years and gets lung cancer, that is also a medical condition and brought on by the person's own actions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gluttony is also one of the 7 capitol (deadly) sins in the Catholic religion.....
The other 6 are lust, greed, sloth, wrath envy & pride.

So maybe the word choice of "gluttony" wasn't a good one.

I'll do you one better on the smoking scenario.....i smoked for 48 years and got a carcinoid tumor in my lung which is not caused by smoking....go figure.....

happybob

Feeders
Hey GB. Hows things been since you returned. Any animosity on the part of management that you are back? Just wondering. Good luck with finishing your career.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey GB. Hows things been since you returned. Any animosity on the part of management that you are back? Just wondering. Good luck with finishing your career.
How could there be any animosity? They stole 7 weeks of his pay. I would think they'd throw him a welcome back party.

Hello to all,

I have been terminated after 21 years as a driver. I am on the verge of having a local hearing to determine the eventual outcome of my termination. The circumstances of my termination are as follows.
I made a delivery attempt to a business location. The location was closed. The door was locked and no persons/vehicles were evident. The business had a placard stating that the day of delivery (Friday) was a closed day. I sheeted the package as closed holiday (yes, now I know it was incorrect to sheet it this way) I did not leave a delivery notice. The customer alleges that they were present all day that day. UPS does not believe me and insists that I did not attempt package, they state I am being fired for dishonesty, sheeting up package as closed holiday and evidently in their opinion not even going by business location. I MADE THE DELIVERY ATTEMPT!!!!! I have attempted to have GPS prove via my Diad that I was at the location at the time of delivery.... unsuccessful because GPS was not activated on my Diad at the time......Pulled my SPARCS and delivery records for the day in question and their is not evidence of the package even being attempted at all that day.... This is completely out of left field...... on the day I was terminated paperwork was shown to me where I sheeted the package as closed holiday... now it does not even exist in the paperwork.....It seems to me that someone is manipulating the records to keep me from being able to present a viable defense.....at this rate I have only my word vs. the customers and everyone who drives for UPS knows who management is gonna believe.....any solid advice would be apprecciated..... as far as sheeting up the package as closed holiday I would add that I have at least ten different locations on my route that I have sheeted this way over the last five years and have never ONCE been reprimanded on told not to do so....... for instance two hair salons that are always closed on Mondays...... In my opinion sheeting them this way does not deny the customer anything....in fact if offers the customer an additional delivery attempt.... as in CLOH, CLO1, CLO2, CLO3.......instead of CLO1,2,3...........I really feel as if I am being had here.....once again can anyone offer any sound advice... I am being represented by the shop steward but I am looking for any solid info I can to help with this.......

Thanks

I feel for you, UPS is getting kind of stupid these days. But to get fired for that I dont get it. What happened to the he said I said? Pink letter? Ect... Fight this all the way. You will get your job back, but to work for a company that treats thier senior employees this way is pretty sad. Most of these Sup's could not do what we do every day. Good luck...

GeorgiaBrown

Hello all,

Well... where to begin...... two Tuesdays ago I was set to return to work.... then the DM said he was too busy to meet with me so I was postponed a day.... Wednesday... I had to sign a paper that said I would have to follow all proper methods and procedures from now on and if I did not then I could be subject to suspension or dismissal...... The BA and I looked it over and I signed..... after our half an hour meeting which started at 8am sharp I headed downstairs to the center....... where I had a meeting with the center manager who told me that the person who had been filling in for me on my rte had some issues leaving packages at businesses without a signature (I was also guilty of this in the past) at locations like lawyers offices and pyschologists' offices..... I limited my DR's to letters which I could slip in either the mailslot or under doors.... my reasons were in the customers best interests since these two types of businesses on my route are often not open to deliveries (lawyers in court, pyschologists seeing patients) anyway..... the other driver Dr'd a letter for a lawyer (outside the door) which allegedly contained a check from a client.... when the lawyer picked it up, the check was missing..... the customer was raising hell about UPS leaving the package without a signature.......UPS thinks the sender is lying and they told me so.......anyway.....I tell you all that to say this..... my center manager and BA said "You're route is hot right now.....so don't make any mistakes because the higher ups are watching".... great...just what I needed..... (the other driver by the way did not get into any trouble, he is a cover driver and is in wage progression so my theory is UPS likes these guys because they can work them cheaper)...back to my story..... I could not work that Wednesday because they changed my route to a 7:50 am start time and the cover driver already was gone with my car.....The BA was like that's their problem you reported for work, they owe you 8 hours......My oncar supe is really cool, he was against me getting discipline from this incident from the beginning, he says how would you like to go home with 8 hours.....I said how did you swing that he says "I told the center manager that if I put you on road then I would have two drivers underallowed today and she could not support that idea....... I jumped on the offer and went home.....felt kind of good even though 1 day doesn't quite equal 7 weeks....My route is better starting up early..... still finishing up at 3pm though....(I'm not whining) yet since I am driving two cars everyday and getting an extra 36 miles from it, my route is planning better (yes I am in a bonus center)..... now plans to 9 hours with 90 stops and between 450-550 del pieces and less than 20 pickup pieces and just about 100 total miles...... I had to tell all my customers about what happened and everybody was glad I was back and shocked at what happened.... I got so tired of telling the story..... that was almost punishment enough!.... anyway I am trying to keep on the straight and narrow because I know at least for a while they will be watching me closely..... The BA brought up a good point however...... he said..... "Look it's getting pretty close to peakseason..... in a couple of weeks they (management) will be all caught up in planning for peak and you won't be on their radar.... soon enough they will be needing every warm body they can find to deliver packages so I think you will be fine"......let's hope so....Thanks again for all the good advice.......

Last edited:

trickpony1

GeorgiaBrown-
cross your T's and dot your I's.
If you have any doubt, message in and stand there and wait for a response.
Don't do any favors for your customers or your management.