He said, she said Termination

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?"

Upstate,

It's starting to matter less and less. (just kidding)....lol
I know how you love those parentheses.

You should be happy...Brady and the Patriots pulled one out.
Yeah, I was getting nervous. I love the throwback jerseys--those are the ones I remember them wearing when I was a kid (oh so long ago).

Take care. Dave.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Brownmonster,

I look at it like this...... everybody's days are numbered....life is finite..... do I really want to spend any more time than I have to dressed like a walking turd?.......in other words time is more valuable than money..... you can make more money.....not sure how to create more time......and before Upstate gets offended and thinks I called him a walking turd........ just let me say......NO!
Nice, now I have a visual image of the way you feel.

Hoaxster,
You nailed it.............
That's the reflection I see in the mirror on the way to work.........
Poor self image?

...if that is truly the way you feel perhaps it is time for you to move on. Finish up your degree, move back to Mayberry, buy a nice house with a white picket fence...

No, I don't love my job and am saddened by the direction the company has taken since '97, but I do take pride in the uniform and in my job. This may be a carryover from my military days but I know that when I wear the uniform I represent my employer and try to do so with dignity.

BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?
Touché!

Jeez, cut him some slack. He just spent 7 weeks without pay on what sounds like a BS charge. Early on in my career I was out for 6 weeks, and it left a bitter taste in my mouth that took a while to get over. I came back for the pay and benefits, but I sure wasn't a rah rah company guy who wore the uniform with pride and dignity. I'm long over it, but I still remember how I felt about it.
Is that why it looks like you just pulled that uniform out of the bottom of the hamper?:wink2:

"BTW, what does it matter what I (or anyone else) thinks?"

Upstate,

It's starting to matter less and less. (just kidding)....lol
I know how you love those parentheses.

You should be happy...Brady and the Patriots pulled one out.
a3989i0_picker-185.jpg
They sure did!

happybob

Feeders
Best of luck GB. You made the decision which best fits yours and your families needs. Many of us here wanted you to press forward for what was right(back pay, full restoration of benefits, etc.). The hurt you feel inside, for the injustice you believe they hurled at you, will go away with time. How you handle yourself now is your choice. You can't hold a grudge, it will only linger and at some point boil over into something worse. I'm sure, based on what you have posted here, that you will continue to strive to give your customers, whom have nothing to do with UPSs actions, the best possible service you can give them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Best of luck GB. You made the decision which best fits yours and your families needs. Many of us here wanted you to press forward for what was right(back pay, full restoration of benefits, etc.). The hurt you feel inside, for the injustice you believe they hurled at you, will go away with time. How you handle yourself now is your choice. You can't hold a grudge, it will only linger and at some point boil over into something worse. I'm sure, based on what you have posted here, that you will continue to strive to give your customers, whom have nothing to do with UPSs actions, the best possible service you can give them.
Nice post, HB! Hey GB, keep us updated on your UPS life.

langenhousr

I have been reading this thread and am really glad that you have been reinstated, GeorgiaBrown. Did you have health insurance through UPS during this time? My husband is currently in terminated status, its been 3 months, and I wonder if we still have health insurance. I haven't gotten anything in the mail stating it's been canceled. Would we?

trickpony1

I have been reading this thread and am really glad that you have been reinstated, GeorgiaBrown. Did you have health insurance through UPS during this time? My husband is currently in terminated status, its been 3 months, and I wonder if we still have health insurance. I haven't gotten anything in the mail stating it's been canceled. Would we?

I often wonder why the company feels the need to fire people for great lengths of time just to prove a point or teach a lesson. Wouldn't it be so much more adult, respectful and productive to sit the employee down and explain to said employee that management feels like there MIGHT be some problems and the employee had best correct the situation?

I emphasis MIGHT because policy seems to change with the wind and an employee who is working as instructed by a previous supe may not be in accordance with the present supes wishes.

To answer your question, I don't know what region of the country you are in or what supplement you are under. You may want to call the union hall, business agent or insurance carrier and ask for a history of contributions to your health, welfare and pension.

I know a feeder driver that lost 10 weeks through no fault of his own. He didn't do anything wrong. He did as instructed. The company quit paying into his H, W and Pension and didn't bother to tell him. It wasn't until this driver got a letter from Central States was he aware that he didn't have insurance.

Good Luck.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm not sure of the correct answer but I would assume the worst. Is this one of those, he'll get his job back things, or was he let go for good?

klein

Für Meno :)

I was terminated 4 mths ago. (in Canada).
I never recerived anything from the insurance company either.
I would think, that it would be denied if I tried to buy medication on it.
(And, I`m gone for good). Union no longer fighting, etc.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought Canada had national health insurance.
Did UPS provide any insurance in addition to that?
Just curious.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have a question about your termination. Is it true that you were fired for having a beer with your lunch, before you actually punched out on your DIAD? Did you save your lunch till the last thing before you went back and punched out? Had you done this anytime prior to being terminated? Lastly, if all of this is true, why didn't you just wait till you were punched out and go tip back a couple of brews?

Just curious.
Good question! I thought you only made sarcastic posts. I think this post is the actual "bizarre" one.:wink2:

klein

Just curious.

Yes, regular perscription drugs, are not included in the Healthplan here.
Meaning, I need to pay 100% for my diabetes supplies now.
UPS insurance paid 90% of that cost.
(most companies will), my last one actually paid 95%.

National Healthcare only kicks in for treatments, or a subsidy for very expensive drugs (like aids or cancer cure).

Or, if your low income, you can apply for a subsidy, too, or use them as a tax deduction, come income tax time.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes, regular perscription drugs, are not included in the Healthplan here.
Meaning, I need to pay 100% for my diabetes supplies now.
UPS insurance paid 90% of that cost.
(most companies will), my last one actually paid 95%.

National Healthcare only kicks in for treatments, or a subsidy for very expensive drugs (like aids or cancer cure).

Or, if your low income, you can apply for a subsidy, too, or use them as a tax deduction, come income tax time.
You're Diabetic?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wasn`t the only diabetic driver at our center, actually 1 out of 3.
And, I seen others on here, saying they are.
It`s not that bad. Eat a healthy diet (sugar free), and take your insulin in the morning. Snack on something, every 2 or 3 hrs.
Diabetic driver's get taken off the road in these here parts. Maybe there's more to your story than you're telling us? BTW, should you really be drinking that beer if you're Diabetic?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Eat a healthy diet (sugar free),

Not just sugar free but cut down on all High-glycemic foods.
I have completely got off of Insulin by staying away from high-glycemic foods such as sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, etc. It's a great way to keep from becoming diabetic and most likely lose weight.

klein

Not just sugar free but cut down on all High-glycemic foods.
I have completely got off of Insulin by staying away from high-glycemic foods such as sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, etc. It's a great way to keep from becoming diabetic and most likely lose weight.

Hoax, can`t afford to lose anymore weight.
Under 150lbs, 5``11 tall.

If anything, insulin is a blessing to take, so my body can process the carbs I need. And gain a bit weight.. :)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hoax, can`t afford to lose anymore weight.
Under 150lbs, 5``11 tall.

If anything, insulin is a blessing to take, so my body can process the carbs I need. And gain a bit weight.. :)
Maybe if you use a heavier "dumbbell", you'd gain more strength, as well.:wink2:

2402061608_4a0fd50844.jpg

klein

Diabetic driver's get taken off the road in these here parts. Maybe there's more to your story than you're telling us? BTW, should you really be drinking that beer if you're Diabetic?

I know 1 thing, if I get my semi truck licence here, I can drive In Canada, but won`t be able to do so in the USA.
(I won`t be able to cross boarders with the truck).

1 or 2 beers, or a glass wine...with a meal, does no harm at all.