Hello (Again)

Holydriver

Save all of that for after you qualify. I know this will be a shocker but a lot of drivers follow this advice their whole career.
Huh? This is what he needs to do to qualify. And the. He should do this until retiring. Get your route for the day, work hard to complete it, rinse and repeat. Don't roll over, don't piss and moan and act like a cry baby, and be a man. Simple . I'm concerned as to why someone disagreed with what i said?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's probably why your back as a FT hire. Don't let union work take your work ethic away either because it does to some. You'll see..

Huh? This is what he needs to do to qualify. And the. He should do this until retiring. Get your route for the day, work hard to complete it, rinse and repeat. Don't roll over, don't piss and moan and act like a cry baby, and be a man. Simple . I'm concerned as to why someone disagreed with what i said?
Be careful, you're starting to sound like those evil supervisors.

Holydriver

Be careful, you're starting to sound like those evil supervisors.
nah, i just understand how union protection ruins a man's work ethic. just like the government. you see the DOT guys out there, one working and 10 supervising. but hey now, its good enough for government work

MC0493

I know what you mean, my last job was a union job and i started with a strong ethic and it slowly faded after i realized how much slacking everyone else did, and all working hard got me was more work. Atleast here i'm out on my own so i won't easily see slackers if there are any. Everyone in my center seemed to have a good ethic.

Holydriver

I know what you mean, my last job was a union job and i started with a strong ethic and it slowly faded after i realized how much slacking everyone else did, and all working hard got me was more work. Atleast here i'm out on my own so i won't easily see slackers if there are any. Everyone in my center seemed to have a good ethic.
the best part about UPS is that working hard will never, ever, ever result in you having to do more work. never.

ArcherUTR

I don't see how these new driver's do it without a Mapsco.

Get to work early and study the flow of your day and package counts.

Set up your Next Day Airs and plot them out and the route you will take.

Ignore ground work and residentials if it will cause service failures.

Kiss ass until you make book.

underworked1

Click off of orion into edd, orion will have you jumping back and forth across a 4 lane highway when you have to come back down the same road anyway. Saves a :censored2: ton of time and miles to run it your way. Not to mention the hassles of delivering out of the 8000 shelf at 9:30 am

MC0493

Learned to hate orion quick during peak. Was driving me nuts going from 3000 to 8000. So much smother on rdo. My center manager mentioned having to write some kind of letter as part of making book, anyone know what that's about?

billerz

Learned to hate orion quick during peak. Was driving me nuts going from 3000 to 8000. So much smother on rdo. My center manager mentioned having to write some kind of letter as part of making book, anyone know what that's about?
He wants you to become a on road [emoji12]

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Silencing an unpopular opinion. Hard to imagine why people dislike unions.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24556-1374226485-15.gif

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How is that silencing?
He didn't call for their right to free speech to be revoked.
He just said if you have so little respect for what the union has helped us to achieve, why be in it?
I agree here. I never understood why guys who were so hell bent on bashing everything about a union job would then turn around and work a union job.

Oh wait.... It's because it's better pay, benefits, protection etc.

How do you think those things came to be? You think your "hard work ethic" compelled ups to give you a good union contract with all that?

It's very hypocritical in a true sense. And the anti Union bashers are usually the ones who cry the most and need the union.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
A lot of workers in non union jobs work hard and never receive what the Union gets for us. Hard work is good for you, and makes you feel good. Knowing your limits is smart and also makes you feel good, and empowered.

You know what your limits are, and no one, not UPS or the Union can do it for you, though they will try.

All that aside, you need to look at qualification for what it is; a test. Your score on the test will depend your own herculean effort, skill, care, determination and a touch of good luck.