Help.. Letter Box Pu

UPSGUY72

On my route I pick up some letter boxes. Recently I picked up a LB that had 2 packages in it, both had identical barcodes, scanned them, however, my diad only picked it up once (since the barcode was duplicated). I entered in a total of two packages in the total count section. Next day I showed up on some list that says I didn't scan ever package I picked up. Thus I tried to explain to sup that I did pu 2 packages but they had identical barcodes, thats why only one scan shows in diad. Issued a warning letter. Can I file on this?

The person photo copied the label and put it on another package. It's called fraud. I would have brought both packages to a SUP or clerk when I returned to the building.

ON this note I have had delivers where there are mulitiply boxes that have the same bar code and obviously should have had different barcodes. Due to the weight of each box and the weight on the shipping label. My Sup told me to peel the label of one on the package and give it to him and he would pass it on to the people in the fraud/ security department.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The person photo copied the label and put it on another package. It's called fraud. I would have brought both packages to a SUP or clerk when I returned to the building.

ON this note I have had delivers where there are mulitiply boxes that have the same bar code and obviously should have had different barcodes. Due to the weight of each box and the weight on the shipping label. My Sup told me to peel the label of one on the package and give it to him and he would pass it on to the people in the fraud/ security department.

A photocopy works when you can't pull the label without tearing it.

old levi's

blank space
In the past, I have scanned the first one then in the second I would type in the shipper number and last 3 numbers.
In the comment section, I write duplicate.

Never had an issue in 10 years

FOR DELIVERY:

This is also how I handle this situation except I type in diff. pkg.

Just a side note on barcodes: If you deliver 2 Mary Kay boxes strapped together, the bottom box will always have a differrent barcode from the top box. I cut the straps and scan the second box ( to avoid a missed scan).

Last edited: