Help me quit smoking

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Went to the doc yesterday...Said my sugar was 77...Then sent to another place to get blood drawn so I wont know anything more till monday
77 sounds normal. Was that before eating? Hope you're this and everything turns out okay. Maybe if you got a full physical it would push you over the edge to where dilli's at right now. Just trying to help, brotha.:happy2:

P

pickup

From Monday morning thru Friday nite, no smoke!!!! Not bad, I survived a week of hell on a rte I don't know and didn't smoke. I think I can do this. :happy-very:

I'm so happy for you dilligaf. Whatever you're doing , keep it up. :happy-very:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
My mother smoked for years. When my aunt had her baby, and mom had to travel to MA to visit, she did as she always did, bought a carton in Rutherfordton NC. When my mother got back, I was helping to unload the car, and found the carton. I opened my big mouth, and started to ask were she wanted me to put the carton, my dad slugged me, and told me to shut up. Dad stashed the carton in the cedar closet, where I found it last week after 27 years. For my mother, wanting to be with the baby was stronger then the smokes, so she just quit cold turkey.
Having never smoked, I don't know what the cravings are like. But I over eat, and if the cravings for nicotine are like the cravings I get for food.... Then it is a tough road to hoe.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, I wish my Blood sugar was 77. Went to the doc the other day, and got the lecture- 295 is way to heavy, even for my huge frame, blood sugar was 140, so it's medicene which has dropped it 15 points. BP was okay 131/72, so the BP medicene is working. I wish I hadn't eaten those BK whoppers every night after work when I was PT.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Well good news and bad news...Good news is I don't have Diabetes...Bad news is I have high cholesterol....Doc wants me to get blood work done 6 months from now to see how everything is

moreluck

golden ticket member
I take Vytorin for high cholesterol and it knocked that number down immediately. I took Crestor for awhile and it didn't work for me.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gee, I wish my Blood sugar was 77. Went to the doc the other day, and got the lecture- 295 is way to heavy, even for my huge frame, blood sugar was 140, so it's medicene which has dropped it 15 points. BP was okay 131/72, so the BP medicene is working. I wish I hadn't eaten those BK whoppers every night after work when I was PT.

Oh, I don't think it was the whoppers.
I'm diabetic, too.
It's all the soda-pop and slurpees (that 50% sugar stuff), add chocolate bars, and your pancreas is working tripple OT.

Meat, you can eat as much as you want, same as the lettuce, even ketchup, and mayo and mustard.
The bun, well that contains carbs... but not enough for anyone not to handle.

I just don't understand your bloodsugar levels, since we're metric, and actually invented insulin.
Ours, and the rest of the worlds go by a scale of 5 to 10.
under 5, your blood sugar is low , 5-10 it's normal (10 after eating).
Over 10, your a diabetic.

When I first got diagnosed, I barely could see (went kind of blind), my level was at 38 ! 4 times higher then normal !

Stay off the sugar, always diet pop, sweetner (splenda) in your coffee and deserts.
For me, all that doens't help anymore. I need to live with the needle daily, no matter what.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well good news and bad news...Good news is I don't have Diabetes...Bad news is I have high cholesterol....Doc wants me to get blood work done 6 months from now to see how everything is
Dude, you're in the perfect place to start caring for your body. You don't have join a gym or even start commuting by bike. All you have to do is adjust your diet and add a little bit of exercise. You don't have to give up all of the naughty goodies, just some of em. You can start now and reevaluate yourself in 3 months. Go donate blood at that time. They will send you a card in the mail with your cholosterol level, as well as check you BP, Heartrate, temp, iron and such, all for free, with the added bonus of helping to save someone's life.

You're more than capable of bringing that cholesterol level down on your own. Do that and you won't have to pop pills for the rest of your life. We're all routing for you, so give it your best shot, man.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
How bad was it Monavie? My last cholesterol was up a little. HDL and Tri's were still really good. The LDL(bad) was up. Diet, just pay more attention to the diet. I quit drinking beer during the week, eat more salads, beans.

As many of you remember, we lost a very close friend in March. This is what she died of. She had 100% blockage of an artery. She went to sleep one night and never woke up.

P

pickup

Oh, I don't think it was the whoppers.
I'm diabetic, too.
It's all the soda-pop and slurpees (that 50% sugar stuff), add chocolate bars, and your pancreas is working tripple OT.

Meat, you can eat as much as you want, same as the lettuce, even ketchup, and mayo and mustard.
The bun, well that contains carbs... but not enough for anyone not to handle.

I just don't understand your bloodsugar levels, since we're metric, and actually invented insulin.
Ours, and the rest of the worlds go by a scale of 5 to 10.
under 5, your blood sugar is low , 5-10 it's normal (10 after eating).
Over 10, your a diabetic.

When I first got diagnosed, I barely could see (went kind of blind), my level was at 38 ! 4 times higher then normal !

Stay off the sugar, always diet pop, sweetner (splenda) in your coffee and deserts.
For me, all that doens't help anymore. I need to live with the needle daily, no matter what.

not to rub salt in your wounds, but you criticized america leading the way in obesity as if that somehow made being canadian somewhat more special. Yet here you are confessing that your diabetes was caused by your poor choice of foods. Methinks thou should not stick your face over the fence and criticize your neighbor's garden but should keep your attention focused on eradicating the weeds in your garden.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
How bad was it Monavie? My last cholesterol was up a little. HDL and Tri's were still really good. The LDL(bad) was up. Diet, just pay more attention to the diet. I quit drinking beer during the week, eat more salads, beans.

As many of you remember, we lost a very close friend in March. This is what she died of. She had 100% blockage of an artery. She went to sleep one night and never woke up.

Lady never said I'll call tommorrow and see how bad it was