Help me quit smoking

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks Sano. I know one thing my BF is going to get really tired of me before this is over. Quitting is not the only thing that I have going on right now and I'm afraid the other one is going to be even worse than quitting. Keep praying.

P

pickup

If you were really on her side you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place.:wink2:

duh, ya think? I couldn't resist the opportunity for a little payback. Also, the good Lord might indeed answer her prayer literally by giving her strenght when in reality , she is asking for strength.

fethrs

Oh, I might as well make it official. I'm quitting. Lord I hope I have the strenght to do this.

Dilli I know this will be hard but I believe that you are a strong woman, you can do it. I think there is info on upsers.com about it too and depending on your health insurance you may find additional info on their website. Good luck, and I understand if you become cranky, it's part of the process but it's better than a nasty, stinky cigarette.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli I know this will be hard but I believe that you are a strong woman, you can do it. I think there is info on upsers.com about it too and depending on your health insurance you may find additional info on their website. Good luck, and I understand if you become cranky, it's part of the process but it's better than a nasty, stinky cigarette.:happy2:
Thanks Fethr, I will go check it out. Since my ins is refusing to cover the zyban I will have to use other aves.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Monavie, weren't you talking about this a month or 2 ago in chat? Please get this checked. It is important. Your life and job are at stake here. Diabetes is nothing to mess around with. Your family needs you to be there and we want you to be here. Please have it checked. Dilli

I honestly dont remember talking about it lol...But gonna call the doc tommorrow and get an appt :happy2: As far as smoking goes...I've cut back on smoking alot in the last few weeks

Last edited:

sano

Thanks Sano. I know one thing my BF is going to get really tired of me before this is over. Quitting is not the only thing that I have going on right now and I'm afraid the other one is going to be even worse than quitting. Keep praying.

Could I recommend Prozac, alcohol and possibly some marijuana?

For your BF:happy-very:

OldUPSDriver

No Dillie, I quit 10 years ago after my doctor advised me to quit prior to having my carotids cleaned out due to my smoking. I quit cold turkey and it was difficult. I know it is a difficult thing to do but you have to do it. I heard of the phrase I posted and it will make some think about what they are doing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No Dillie, I quit 10 years ago after my doctor advised me to quit prior to having my carotids cleaned out due to my smoking. I quit cold turkey and it was difficult. I know it is a difficult thing to do but you have to do it. I heard of the phrase I posted and it will make some think about what they are doing.
It will and it did. Thank you.