hi! and need help

been was working for ups for 2 years and well i got fired because my supervisor make me do more work after i was done with my stuff and i refused... keep in mine i was done and over tired ....this supervisor was always harassing me tell me to go faster...iwas told that HR can still fight for my job? is this true?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless the HR you are referring to is HR Puffenstuff I am afraid you are out of luck. If you do find a job that will allow you to stop when your work is done, to be able to refuse additional work and continue to get paid, let me know, as I would like to apply. (Hint--these type of jobs don't exist.)

Do yourself a favor--google "work ethic".

you can't tell your supervisor that you don't want to do additional work. I got into trouble for that one time.
You probably can fight it. One guy was fired for punching a box and then was rehired.

P

pickup

Unless the HR you are referring to is HR Puffenstuff I am afraid you are out of luck. If you do find a job that will allow you to stop when your work is done, to be able to refuse additional work and continue to get paid, let me know, as I would like to apply. (Hint--these type of jobs don't exist.)

HR Puffenstuff, he's your friend when things get rough.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

been was working for ups for 2 years and well i got fired because my supervisor make me do more work after i was done with my stuff and i refused... keep in mine i was done and over tired ....this supervisor was always harassing me tell me to go faster...iwas told that HR can still fight for my job? is this true?

you can't tell your supervisor that you don't want to do additional work. I got into trouble for that one time.
You probably can fight it. One guy was fired for punching a box and then was rehired.

This is our future--thank God I only have 10 years left.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

That was freaking hilarious, Upstate. I'm glad I didn't have a drink or a runny nose.

ups1990

At UPS, one always works as directed, although you might not agree with it at that particular moment. You can file a grievence later to try and resove the problem. Never, ever refuse to work as directed.

Every driver is overworked and "overtired." By the way, I love this word. I'll probably use more often, that's if I don't "misremember"

My guess is your out of a job. Chalk it up to youth and inexperience. Let it be a lesson for you, as well as the members of this forum.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
The answers you received on here are probably correct but at least talk to a steward or your BA to see if there is any chance of saving your job. You still have to have a hearing and if you were at least somewhat good at what you were doing there might be a chance. If you do get your job back, do what you're told when you're told and if you think it is wrong then talk to a steward. Unless, of course, it is unsafe.

tenfiveum

Get a shop stewward and file a grievience with your union. They are out of there limits to fire you for that. You worked hard that day and was exxausted. Its not safe to work under that condition.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get a shop stewward and file a grievience with your union. They are out of there limits to fire you for that. You worked hard that day and was exxausted. Its not safe to work under that condition.

Just curious, what article would you cite?

Article 9999 I Was Tired and My Boss Is a Meanie