hi :) potential ups'r

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by joy, Sep 22, 2010.

1. joy

joy wannabe

Hi there,
    So there's a couple postings in my city for UPS drivers and I'm thinking of applying. I dont like the job I'm in now where I sit on my butt all day and want something more active.

I'm in Ontario Canada and I've found a few threads when I searched... sounds like it's 14 or 15$ to start and eventually goes up to 24? I make $19 bucks an hour now where I am, and I dont expect it to ever be much more than that.

However, money really isnt the issue, I'd take less money for a job I enjoyed. I'm just a little scared because just sifting through some threads on the union board, it doesnt sound like many enjoy this job? Does anyone? Is it a nice place to work? Are the employees generally treated well?

(sorry if my questions are redundant, I did use the search!)

oh, p.s., If a job is posted for the public to apply, how hard is it to get in?

Thanks!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

DS is one of our friends from Canada. Send him a private message (PM) and he should be able to answer all of your questions for you.

3. joy

joy wannabe

thank you!

4. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

We have a few friends in Canada, but DS is the one you want to talk to .:wink2:

5. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Your avatar fills me with Joy!