HOFFA , HALL AND OBRIEN campaign announcement

By The Book

You both voted no to countless concessions... You both set the teamsters union back years and we will never get back what YOU voted away.... WHATS next.... 6 year progression??
Does my post indicate how I voted? Did you mean to say you both voted "yes" to countless concessions?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nope didn't hurt my feelings,......
I'm telling it like it is, you two like to "tag team" other posters, you like to twist it to suit yourselves,
Sure it's a message board, but YOU use it to attack others,.........js
So expressing a view only to be called an old guard idiot is ok? Just because someone has a different view, doesn't make you correct. Your looking at it only from one side. Stop being ignorant.

Spongebob1

So expressing a view only to be called an old guard idiot is ok? Just because someone has a different view, doesn't make you correct. Your looking at it only from one side. Stop being ignorant.
First stop being RUDE,
I didn't call YOU an "idiot" and I'm far from ignorant,
There's only one side that put the "screws" to the members, and they are in the IBT office right now,

wide load

First stop being RUDE,
I didn't call YOU an "idiot" and I'm far from ignorant,
There's only one side that put the "screws" to the members, and they are in the IBT office right now,
Ignorant isn't a rude word. It means your ignoring or refusing to notice. Don't take offense. See, your looking at things from one side.

804brown

"Pre TDU"?? TDU has been around since the 1970s. They were small and not very powerful back then. Then they started growing and started to gain some power and a positive reputation. Then they got labelled and were attacked ...at times physically by Old Guard thugs. What really divided Teamsters was unaccountable, corrupt or ineffective leadership that left rank and file members looking for an alternative to feckless leadership. TDU happened to be there waiting for us and they NEVER backstabbed us or SOLD US OUT. They heard our grievances and accepted us and showed the way to feel empowered and fight apathy.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

"Pre TDU"?? TDU has been around since the 1970s. They were small and not very powerful back then. Then they started growing and started to gain some power and a positive reputation. Then they got labelled and were attacked ...at times physically by Old Guard thugs. What really divided Teamsters was unaccountable, corrupt or ineffective leadership that left rank and file members looking for an alternative to feckless leadership. TDU happened to be there waiting for us and they NEVER backstabbed us or SOLD US OUT. They heard our grievances and accepted us and showed the way to feel empowered and fight apathy.
TDU is out for themselves......they weren't teamsters and don't know what we go through they are out to make money off teamsters.... if they are out for teamsters why are they taking money on 804 lm2 why do they charge 1000 for there convention.......they are out for $$$$$ not teamsters so open your eyes

wide load

Hahahaha!!!!
By selling you free information.
I have air on sale if you need.
Pet rock maybe?

804brown

TDU is out for themselves......they weren't teamsters and don't know what we go through they are out to make money off teamsters.... if they are out for teamsters why are they taking money on 804 lm2 why do they charge 1000 for there convention.......they are out for $$$$$ not teamsters so open your eyes
First, we ARE Teamsters. Second, we know EXACTLY what rank and file Teamster go through, UNLIKE Hoffa and co. Thirdly, they do NOT charge $1000 to attend the convention. Try about $150 to attend. If you have problems paying, fees are waved. Biggest cost is usually transportation and hotel. The cost includes meals. Lastly, they get paid by Local 804 FOR SERVICES RENDERED.
Listen, you seem sort of misinformed here. You want to learn about TDU go to their website or ask a TDU member about the organization.

wide load

First, we ARE Teamsters. Second, we know EXACTLY what rank and file Teamster go through, UNLIKE Hoffa and co. Thirdly, they do NOT charge $1000 to attend the convention. Try about $150 to attend. If you have problems paying, fees are waved. Biggest cost is usually transportation and hotel. The cost includes meals. Lastly, they get paid by Local 804 FOR SERVICES RENDERED.
Listen, you seem sort of misinformed here. You want to learn about TDU go to their website or ask a TDU member about the organization.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436138648.852191.jpg

First off your post is complete BS by the pic above.
Now factor in once you get to this convention and your asked the old "How much are you willing to show your support for TDU? $2500? $2000?"
Go ahead, tell me this is false.

You'd like that wouldn't you Tim.

804brown

View attachment 46117
First off your post is complete BS by the pic above.
Now factor in once you get to this convention and your asked the old "How much are you willing to show your support for TDU? $2500? $2000?"
Go ahead, tell me this is false.
Don't understand where that $570 figure comes from. The fee just to come is about $200 which includes meals. Hotel is usually about $80/night unless you choose to share which will you about $40/night. So that adds up to about $280 to $360. The only other expense is transportation. If you live in the Midwest, you drive. If you live on the coasts, you fly. Ok, so if you add another $150-200 for a flight, then maybe you can get close to that $570 number.
Those are the facts.

Don't understand where that $570 figure comes from. The fee just to come is about $200 which includes meals. Hotel is usually about $80/night unless you choose to share which will you about $40/night. So that adds up to about $280 to $360. The only other expense is transportation. If you live in the Midwest, you drive. If you live on the coasts, you fly. Ok, so if you add another $150-200 for a flight, then maybe you can get close to that $570 number.
Those are the facts.
Couple questions Tim. So the TDU website is wrong. Does that include meals for regular people or huge portions like you get? Do TDUers usually spend the night together three to a bed?

Last edited:

804brown

Couple questions Tim. So the TDU website is wrong. Does that include meals for regular people or huge portions like you get? Do TDUers usually spent the night together three to a bed?
First off I am not Tim S. Secondly, what you copied was probably the total bill after the convention fee, hotel and airfare is included. Finally, the rooms I have stayed in have two beds and most of us if not all share rooms to save money.