Homeless and Working

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Lots of resources on the UPS website. I knew a guy who used a planet fitness membership 10$ a month as a place to go for a shower and toilet. United Way, Red Cross, GoodWill, local churches. Lots of charities that donate cars as well. Keep your foot in the door here make the right moves and the paycheck will throw you into the middle class so hard you’ll knock yourself out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Join the Air Force and become an aircraft controller. Good career and nice money when you come out.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I was homeless for 4 months one time. I would work the overnight shift as a baggage handler at greyhound. Eat my free meals at the chruch and sleep at the park or use my bus pass and sleep the whole bus route on several routes until i was able to get a cheap apartment to move in. But i wouldnt quit the only source of income your getting but working at UPS and being homeless gots to be :censored2:ing hard
@UrFellowUpser, very inspirational story. You sound like a guy who pulled himself up out of the dregs. I commend you for putting forth an effort. More folks (especially here in Washington) could use some inspiration & motivation to help get them back on their feet by themselves along with a little hand up as well from our government. Nothing wrong with a person such as yourself also getting a little help from all the charitable folks out there. You sound like you're giving it your all to climb back. Kudos to you.

Your avatar looks to be a part time loader so thinking you perhaps get 25-hours a week. So remember your retro check will be $75 (gross) per week since August 1st. If this contract drags on until fall or even early 2019. That is going to be a hefty retro check for you. Perhaps over $500.

You'll deserve it and by August, 2022 you'll be at $15.50 or maybe $34.79 if you become a driver. $35 an hour in 4-years means a nice little home and a new Colorado. Just 4-years away.... keep the positive attitude.

Remember no guarantees. Absolutely zero guarantees by voting the contract down UPS will then be forced to give everybody more $$$ or the Golden Keys to the UPS Safe. In fact it's very possible you'll get a lot less. I don't know if you know this... but UPS kinda sorta doesn't like the Union. Stay Positive!

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
I am so sorry you are in this situation. Talk to the union, or at least someone you trust there. Call the crisis hotline, it's confidential and they can give you information about places in your area that can help you, and the gym membership isn't a bad idea, it's a place to shower! Do not quit your job!!! Keep us updated too. We're jerks but we care. xoxo

Box Ox

Remember no guarantees. Absolutely zero guarantees by voting the contract down UPS will then be forced to give everybody more $$$ or the Golden Keys to the UPS Safe. In fact it's very possible you'll get a lot less. I don't know if you know this... but UPS kinda sorta doesn't like the Union. Stay Positive!

How many billions in annual net profit do you think UPS would be down to if they give the Union a good Contract?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I respect the hell out of this dude. This kind of :censored2: makes me want to listen to heavy metal.

Lycanthropic survival instincts, embrace the beast and shun the weak...

UrFellowUpser

@UrFellowUpser, very inspirational story. You sound like a guy who pulled himself up out of the dregs. I commend you for putting forth an effort. More folks (especially here in Washington) could use some inspiration & motivation to help get them back on their feet by themselves along with a little hand up as well from our government. Nothing wrong with a person such as yourself also getting a little help from all the charitable folks out there. You sound like you're giving it your all to climb back. Kudos to you.

Your avatar looks to be a part time loader so thinking you perhaps get 25-hours a week. So remember your retro check will be $75 (gross) per week since August 1st. If this contract drags on until fall or even early 2019. That is going to be a hefty retro check for you. Perhaps over $500.

You'll deserve it and by August, 2022 you'll be at $15.50 or maybe $34.79 if you become a driver. $35 an hour in 4-years means a nice little home and a new Colorado. Just 4-years away.... keep the positive attitude.

Ive been blessed after that situation of being homeless for 4 months and finding that cheap apartment out here in NC. I then lost my job at greyhound but luckily i got on as a preloader at UPS!! Fast forward 8 months later i won a bid to be a FT driver. Went to Integrad past my 30 days and now almost 2 yrs in being a driver im now making money ive never knew i could make.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Everybody feels bad for this dude but How did the OP end up homeless? Stealing granddaddy’s cough syrup? Drinking and drugs? Tell us your story OP how did you end up this way? Bad luck or self inflicted ?

UrFellowUpser

its weird being off welfare and whatnot but the dream is to get me a nice house one day and have my children and my wife live a good life.Thats is what i always think about when this job has me down or when i fill defeated. I always have to remember where and what i came from

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
ts weird being off welfare and whatnot but the dream is to get me a nice house one day and have my children and my wife live a good life.Thats is what i always think about when this job has me down or when i fill defeated. I always have to remember where and what i came from
I’m a fulltime driver , my girlfriend is on welfare , I think welfare is the way to go...