How about some rampant speculation?

northeast swing driver

Actually I'm the guy who for a number of years had volunteered for every bit of OT he could get, working at least 40 Saturdays as a sixth day for several years. I told my mgr in 2007 that since he needed help but couldn't work me 6 days without paying double time, to convert me to a 5X8 those weeks he needed me to work 6 days. I'm the guy who has been tops in productivity in every station I've worked. I'm the guy my first mgr called superhuman in my review. I'm the guy who once delivered 19 stops in 24 mins in a 36 story bldg I'd never been in before to make service, helping another courier. I'm the guy who a director asked to meet because, he told me, he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. I'm the guy who used to train couriers, who's mgr used to tell them to do just like he does and you'll never go wrong.

I'm also the guy who's been cheated by bad mgrs, who went to the company a couple of times about it only to have it swept under the rug. I'm the guy who was raised to believe that if you worked hard for someone they would reward you for your efforts. Some people deal with stress by drinking, I eat. I've got diabetes, high blood pressure, a stent to keep an artery open, and take 10 pills a day. All I want to do is survive FedEx at this point, have nothing left to prove. But I guarandamntee you I'd never go into mgmt for this company, as I was encouraged to do over the years. I don't have it in me to exploit others for money, and FedEx has gotten more and more exploitive. I'm not the world's smartest person, but my I.Q. was once measured at 150. I can see the writing on the wall.

shame you gave all that extra effort for nothing

means absolutely nothing at this company

your as good as your last delivery and they would probably fire you in a heartbeat if they could

i went out of my way in the beginning for the first couple years. not to the extent you did. But did go out of my way. Then i realized what this place is all about and downshifted into low gear.

they get minimum effort out of me every day. if i can give em lates they get em every single day

vantexan

shame you gave all that extra effort for nothing

means absolutely nothing at this company

your as good as your last delivery and they would probably fire you in a heartbeat if they could

i went out of my way in the beginning for the first couple years. not to the extent you did. But did go out of my way. Then i realized what this place is all about and downshifted into low gear.

they get minimum effort out of me every day. if i can give em lates they get em every single day

Which is why I jumped into an extended rt several years ago. Tired of running like a dog with nothing to show for it. And of course my mgr mucked it up several months ago. Hoping to land a domiciled location to keep it at arm's length until retirement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually I'm the guy who for a number of years had volunteered for every bit of OT he could get, working at least 40 Saturdays as a sixth day for several years. I told my mgr in 2007 that since he needed help but couldn't work me 6 days without paying double time, to convert me to a 5X8 those weeks he needed me to work 6 days. I'm the guy who has been tops in productivity in every station I've worked. I'm the guy my first mgr called superhuman in my review. I'm the guy who once delivered 19 stops in 24 mins in a 36 story bldg I'd never been in before to make service, helping another courier. I'm the guy who a director asked to meet because, he told me, he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. I'm the guy who used to train couriers, who's mgr used to tell them to do just like he does and you'll never go wrong.

I'm also the guy who's been cheated by bad mgrs, who went to the company a couple of times about it only to have it swept under the rug. I'm the guy who was raised to believe that if you worked hard for someone they would reward you for your efforts. Some people deal with stress by drinking, I eat. I've got diabetes, high blood pressure, a stent to keep an artery open, and take 10 pills a day. All I want to do is survive FedEx at this point, have nothing left to prove. But I guarandamntee you I'd never go into mgmt for this company, as I was encouraged to do over the years. I don't have it in me to exploit others for money, and FedEx has gotten more and more exploitive. I'm not the world's smartest person, but my I.Q. was once measured at 150. I can see the writing on the wall.

So you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, according to managers who cheat you. Alrighty then. More importantly...

I guess we have differing philosophies about what to expect from employers. I don't see my employer (or any employer) as a pay & benefits company that delivers packages on the side. I don't see any reason for them to throw fat raises at me just because I stuck around. It became obvious to me a good 20 years ago that any job can disappear at any time with little or no warning. A business won't keep doing things that it can't afford to do no matter how hard you used to work. It's safe to say that most employees' concern and interest of their employer and their related industry begins and ends with their paychecks. That doesn't stop them from trying to dictate how things should be in the workplace.

northeast swing driver

"I don't know why they don't treat me better."

your a joke

clearly an executive or a manager. Tell freddy i said HI

Look where never giving them one late for the 1st 10+ years of the job got me. nowhere.

If they even care about lates which I am not sure they do. Personally i think thats all an act. they should be very worried in memphis about this type of thing. I am not the only one. There are going to be a lot of couriers in the near future giving them a whole bunch of lates. Arriving at last stop at 1025 and just sitting there.

Last edited:

59 Dano

your a joke

clearly an executive or a manager. Tell freddy i said HI

Look where never giving them one late for the 1st 10+ years of the job got me. nowhere.

Assuming you're telling the truth, are they supposed to worship the ground you walk on?

There are going to be a lot of couriers in the near future giving them a whole bunch of lates. Arriving at last stop at 1025 and just sitting there.

That's always a smart move.

northeast swing driver

With that kind of mature attitude I'm surprised you haven't been promoted eleventy times by now. I'm sure it's reflected in your work.

Promoted suit?

not looking for a promotion. would never enter the greasy foul world of management. not for me. I'm not a lowdown lying backstabbing piece of crap.

thats a pre-requisite to be a fedex manager

bbsam

Staff member
Promoted suit?

not looking for a promotion. would never enter the greasy foul world of management. not for me. I'm not a lowdown lying backstabbing piece of crap.

`Unless you are a low-down backstabbing piece of crap to the company you work for, but that's different.

59 Dano

Promoted suit?

That's okay. If you act this way on a message board where you can take all the time you need in order to remain composed and make a clear point, I bet you're a real joy to deal with in the real world. There's one in every workgroup.