How about some rampant speculation?

Ricochet1a

Switching to a new barcode at ground. Is express doing the same? As early as january 2013. Could be a sign...

I got an email today suggesting that Express is looking to change to a 13 digit air bill numbering system from the current 12.

There was no indication what this 13th digit would be used to denote.

If there is to be "harmonization" between the opcos, then going to a 13 digit code could be part of it. For Express, the 13th digit would be used to indicate an "Express" shipment in the software - as opposed to a Ground shipment...

Things are starting to "jump" in Memphis in anticipation of the big announcement...

thedownhillEXPRESS

I wasn't positive that Ground used a 13 digit barcode, but I was thinking that.

The writing on the wall just gets clearer and clearer...

C'mon R1A, get us some new district level or above info for us troopers and the lurkers to spread...
I know you have to protect sources, but all heck is starting to break loose, very difficult for them to trace info at this point....

thedownhillEXPRESS

What more information do you need?
Time frame....
That and the corporate talking points to be used.
It works great at making senior managers, HR and District directors fall way off balance when you have spread the word weeks in advance of what the corporate delivery is going to be.
Sure it doesn't change anything, but it does separate the men from the boys in "lying" ability on their feet...
Just because the inevitable is happening, does not mean we that are enthusiastic about what is right and what is wrong , should just sit back and not trip people up.
Heck, that's why I am politically active, and aside from work talk, you would agree with everything I said politically if you were next to me in a bar bbsam...

Ricochet1a

C'mon R1A, get us some new district level or above info for us troopers and the lurkers to spread...
I know you have to protect sources, but all heck is starting to break loose, very difficult for them to trace info at this point....

There are limits as to what I can publically release (NOT for my benefit, but for the benefit of the people that trust me to use enough discretion to prevent being identified as a leaker of info). I've been doing this for almost 3 years on here - and NO ONE that gives me information has had any indication of suspicion placed on them. I intend on keeping it that way for as long as I choose to post.

I do receive A LOT of stuff, but I make sure to have two independent sources for most things before I make a public posting here. First, by having two independent sources, I'm confident that the information is more correct than not (for stuff I've seen internal documents on, ABSOLUTELY confident). Second, by having two independent sources, I know that the "leak" can't be traced back to a single department or worse yet - a single individual.

The big picture has been painted for a long time now. It can't really get any clearer. The only thing that I can do is provide a "public record" as to the progression that FedEx is making towards that end goal that they've had since at least 2008.

And yes, I do intend on making it as difficult as possible for them (Memphis) to trace down sources of info. You know that they are monitoring (this isn't a private forum), so I have to be careful. Unfortunately, there is no way to establish a private forum (there is one that exists, but everyone is vetted) AND get this info out into the public domain. So I do what I can.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't disagree at all. Make whatever stand you deem necessary. I will toast your glorious, fiery, end with mighty ballads of almost heroic deeds at bbsam's neighborhood bar and grill.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I don't disagree at all. Make whatever stand you deem necessary. I will toast your glorious, fiery, end with mighty ballads of almost heroic deeds at bbsam's neighborhood bar and grill.

No fiery end, no myan calendar ....
Just a new chapter......
I'm prepared, but tens of thousand are not, and I just want to help in getting info into the hands of the rank and file to question the deception.

Wikileaks?

Anonymous?

we need your help.....

Ricochet1a

Time frame....
That and the corporate talking points to be used.
It works great at making senior managers, HR and District directors fall way off balance when you have spread the word weeks in advance of what the corporate delivery is going to be.
Sure it doesn't change anything, but it does separate the men from the boys in "lying" ability on their feet...
Just because the inevitable is happening, does not mean we that are enthusiastic about what is right and what is wrong , should just sit back and not trip people up.
Heck, that's why I am politically active, and aside from work talk, you would agree with everything I said politically if you were next to me in a bar bbsam...

By being a step ahead of local management - and letting them know that you are (with regards to info coming out of Memphis), you'll only set yourself up for that bull's eye. Keeping your mouth SHUT and only talking to people you have a high degree of trust in (with regards to advance notice of impending change) is the smart move. You can do it here, since you aren't identified - at your station, it is another story.

If you really want to make your managers "fall way off balance". Run off copies of the IBT representation card and place a copy into every Courier's box (when you're not being observed). Your station management will start crapping little green apples like there is no tomorrow. They'll find out (there are enough stoolies that will run to their manager and say, "LOOK, LOOK what evil thing I found in my box!!!").

I did so in 2009 when I was a Courier (on card stock and provided a pre-addressed, postage pre-applied emvelope, all paid for out of my pocket) and things got REAL interesting. It was definitely worth it.

Just don't get caught - it would be grounds for getting a Warning Letter. You have to maintain plausible deniability. In otherwords, don't tell ANYONE in your station that you did it, you tell one person, and it will get around, TRUST me.

thedownhillEXPRESS

By being a step ahead of local management - and letting them know that you are (with regards to info coming out of Memphis), you'll only set yourself up for that bull's eye. Keeping your mouth SHUT and only talking to people you have a high degree of trust in (with regards to advance notice of impending change) is the smart move. You can do it here, since you aren't identified - at your station, it is another story.

If you really want to make your managers "fall way off balance". Run off copies of the IBT representation card and place a copy into every Courier's box (when you're not being observed). Your station management will start crapping little green apples like there is no tomorrow. They'll find out (there are enough stoolies that will run to their manager and say, "LOOK, LOOK what evil thing I found in my box!!!").

I did so in 2009 when I was a Courier (on card stock and provided a pre-addressed, postage pre-applied emvelope, all paid for out of my pocket) and things got REAL interesting. It was definitely worth it.

Just don't get caught - it would be grounds for getting a Warning Letter. You have to maintain plausible deniability. In otherwords, don't tell ANYONE in your station that you did it, you tell one person, and it will get around, TRUST me.

I feed info to those willing to challenge authority at our station (and a couple across the country)

Keeps the bullseye off me but gets credible info out, and out in a way that confuses the heck out of them.

Lots of lurkers here anymore and that only helps our information network....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I feed info to those willing to challenge authority at our station (and a couple across the country)

Keeps the bullseye off me but gets credible info out, and out in a way that confuses the heck out of them.

Somewhere out there is a "Deep Throat", a top executive at Express who is sickened by what he/she sees and is willing to out the whole sordid mess. Maybe one of them has a conscience...maybe not.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Somewhere out there is a "Deep Throat", a top executive at Express who is sickened by what he/she sees and is willing to out the whole sordid mess. Maybe one of them has a conscience...maybe not.

Dano59 sounds like a "deep throat"

But then I read the "conscience" part of your post.....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

LOL! Occupy Wall Street meets Hogan's Heroes!