How could anyone say preload is harder?

P

pickup

When your body adjusts to the hours, its nothing but cake walk. Today I was loading some package cars, it was diet easy. All the packages are already in your power zone, and you don't have to put up heavy packages on the top shelf. I believe that anyone whom("whom"???, you should go back to your high school and return your diploma, because you once again proved you didn't earn it) say its hard should be shown the door. Just my opinion.

I will report all insulting or any rude comments towards me. (Ooooh, me am so frighted, pleeeeaaase don't tell on me!)We are all adult here, so lets act like it without acting like some third graders. I just don't know why somebody can't have an opinion on here without being harassed and bullied.

didyousheetit

When your body adjusts to the hours, its nothing but cake walk. Today I was loading some package cars, it was diet easy. All the packages are already in your power zone, and you don't have to put up heavy packages on the top shelf. I believe that anyone whom say its hard should be shown the door. Just my opinion.

I will report all insulting or any rude comments towards me. We are all adult here, so lets act like it without acting like some third graders. I just don't know why somebody can't have an opinion on here without being harassed and bullied.
If the job is that easy for you then you should forgo your progression, any future raise from the upcoming contract. Also start helping others on the line who obviously are not as gifted as yourself.

laffter

I'm going to answer this question with an example.

We currently have a preload sup who transferred from twilight. A month or two ago, a few days after he started preload, I asked him which shift he liked better. His answer, at the time, was- same crap, different sort. He was pretty calm and collected for the first while.

As time went on, he has been getting more and more stressed out over preload's bs. Late downtimes, how we get slammed after break day after day, being bitched at by his sup over production and/or misloads, etc. Today, he did pick-off for our belt. He has done alright before, but for some reason it just wasn't working out today. He was about lose it, mentally. For what felt like a good solid hour, he was shutting off the belt every ~15 seconds, putting him right back into the same mess that caused him to shut it off in the first place. By break time, the whole belt was filled to capacity. He ended up sorting through break, which sort of screwed all of us over, because our slides were full by the time we got back.

When I double-shift and work twilight, I see part time sups walking around pretty relaxed. They don't seem to have very many worries. The only one I ever see semi-stressed out is the full time unload sup, and even then it's no where close to what the (preload) full time sup for our center looks like most of the time.

I know that OP is a troll and this is a bs question in the first place. But the circus this morning gave me a great example to answer with anyway.

Squint

No more work for me!
Way back when I worked pre-load, I loaded 5 and a half cars at the end of the rollers. I always wondered how many miles I walked during my shift so I bought a pedometer and was averaging close to 5 miles per day. Usually lost 6 pounds or more each day of water weight only to put it back on during the rest of my day at my full time job, landscaper. I was happy to finally get to full time pc driver in '87. Ahh, the days of paper...

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Cry me a river...it was 78 @ 3am on my way to work.

80 here, and 100% humidity.

Some sets are very easy. A lot of them on the other side of the boxline get between 500-700 packages a night. Our side, a lot of the sets get 700, 800, 900 and on up. And its never the same each night. There was a night couple of years ago, ended up getting 1400 on a very warm and moist night. And when you deal with the power house disney, their orders are not sane in the least bit. Lots of eregs, lots over 50 pounds.

So preload being easy, sure it can be. For some of us, well.... you anit even know it brah.

J

jibbs

80 here, and 100% humidity.

Some sets are very easy. A lot of them on the other side of the boxline get between 500-700 packages a night. Our side, a lot of the sets get 700, 800, 900 and on up. And its never the same each night. There was a night couple of years ago, ended up getting 1400 on a very warm and moist night. And when you deal with the power house disney, their orders are not sane in the least bit. Lots of eregs, lots over 50 pounds.

So preload being easy, sure it can be. For some of us, well.... you anit even know it brah.

What the hell? Are those number for 3-4 trucks on average?

Lucky sum bitches, I'm averaging between 500-600 on two trucks while I split at the top of my belt.

500 between 4 trucks without a split? That sounds like ridiculously easy money right there.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
When your body adjusts to the hours, its nothing but cake walk. Today I was loading some package cars, it was diet easy. All the packages are already in your power zone, and you don't have to put up heavy packages on the top shelf. I believe that anyone whom say its hard should be shown the door. Just my opinion.

I will report all insulting or any rude comments towards me. We are all adult here, so lets act like it without acting like some third graders. I just don't know why somebody can't have an opinion on here without being harassed and bullied.
Preload sucks when you load 3 p12's. Trust me. Nothing like loading 1400 pieces a morning. Now...on to your last paragraph, the reason people "insult" you is because you are completely unaware of the insults you throw out. Don't spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what you said or what you did, I'll save you the time, it's because you're arrogant. If you're a physical specimen that's gifted athletically then yaaaaaay for you. Only jackasses though have the same expectations for others as their gifted self. I truly hope you achieve the things you want to achieve, but I hope you get a healthy dose of humbleness in the process. Note: I never insulted you, I only gave a really fair opinion of your character. If you do report me, I stand by what I said and will gladly take the hand slap. Glad you're a go getter, but you're just young and obviously inexperienced.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Lucky sum bitches, I'm averaging between 500-600 on two trucks while I split at the top of my belt.

500 between 4 trucks without a split? That sounds like ridiculously easy money right there.

You must work in a house then? 500-600 between two cars seems somewhat bad in a house and spliting belt.

500-600 on a box line, average 3 cars. Yea, its a joke. I could get a 1000 between 3 cars some nights. And thats dealing with chargers making things 100 times harder for you. As in example, putting heavy stuff ontop of light stuff, making it seem twice as heavy as it should. Being pulled away for amount of time that only causes huge back ups. And for some reason preload is in charge of charging eregs on that side, even though they let 100 people on unload/sort/small sort leave that could use the hours by while I and others have a tons to do. And having a huge charger force, like 7-9 people ( on/off ) that should be helping elsewhere, not the slide.

What size cars you loading?

pensfan

I have between 500-600 on four trucks, split the belt, pull off the blanks, and pull off all of the sure post. On days like today when sure post comes in heavy along with the trucks being heavy it is hell staying caught up.

laffter

I'm confused. Am I reading this correctly? Some of you are loading 500-800 pieces? We are talking preload, right? Loading those brown delivery trucks?

pensfan

Yep. We are a small hub here. Run 18-20 routes a day out of our building with about half of those being rural routes. The other half small city routes.

laffter

That's pretty sweet. Last Friday I had 1223 pieces. Pretty unusual for my area- I haven't had numbers like that since peak. The only way I ever have below 800 is if by some miracle I only have two cars to load (like today).