How did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Go lift something..
tenor.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Once upon a time (1999) the only civilized UPS forum was Motley Fool's UPS sub forum. The group there was friendly and knowledgeable and everyone got along fine.

One day a jealous troll known as "ewave" stumbled into the forum. Ewave was jealous of the happy community and amused himself by disrupting it. He liked to announce that the end was near for UPS. In his quest to tear down the Big Brown Corporation he created his own yahoo web page to spread disinformation and promote the union vs. management philosophy which Ewave loved so much.

I was an active participant in the Motley Fool UPS community and spent a lot of time debating Ewave. Coincidently I had spent a couple of years learning to create web pages as a hobby. I was looking for a topic for a new project so I decided to create a web site with exactly the opposite intent of ewave's. Originally browncafe was a homepage account through our isp, then after a couple of months it got so busy that I registered this domain and rented server space.

Although I've never worked for UPS I know the culture well, I have spent my whole life in it. My dad worked for UPS his entire career. My husband worked for UPS 1977 - 2003.

This site is entirely my own creation, no UPS involvement at all. I guess it's really a tribute to my brown blooded dad who had passed away a few years before the site started. This site was up and running before my husband ever knew about it. After he saw it he didn't think it was a very good idea. He was concerned that there might be repercussions for him at work, but no one ever said a negative word about it. He left UPS in 2003.

That's the whole story. In a nutshell this site was created because in 1999 I got ticked off and wanted to show a troll on another forum that our community could create a better, more productive resource for all UPSers than his one sided UPS bashing site... thank you ewave
:wink:
He is coming back

Brown Cafe has become a place for Trump supporters to post anonymously their support of him. To troll right wing conspiracy theories. Brown Cafe supports these postings as well. As you can see many of the highest amount of posters are right wingers. Many of these right wingers spout the same garbage day in and day out.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Brown Cafe has become a place for Trump supporters to post anonymously their support of him. To troll right wing conspiracy theories. Brown Cafe supports these postings as well. As you can see many of the highest amount of posters are right wingers. Many of these right wingers spout the same garbage day in and day out.
Have you figured out what you're gonna do when TDS becomes a disqualifying medical condition for pilots? Assuming you're actually a pilot, that is.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well, I guess you've been here about that amount of time. Happy 14th anniversary to Rod! :teethy: Now go liven the place up!
I've tried to a couple times today but apparently saying "sleep apnea is just the latest cash cow for doctors to rake in the money" offends one of your mods because its been deleted twice.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I've tried to a couple times today but apparently saying "sleep apnea is just the latest cash cow for doctors to rake in the money" offends one of your mods because its been deleted twice.
I looked at the mod logs. The sleep apnea post was deleted, but I think it was because of the " Tell your wife to shut up and go make you a sandwich."

Not sure tho.

The second post deleted was probably because you were complaining about the mods. It didn't mention sleep apnea.

Post it again without the make you a sandwich thing. BTW, if I were posting that I'd use sammich instead of sandwich.

rod

Retired 22 years
I looked at the mod logs. The sleep apnea post was deleted, but I think it was because of the " Tell your wife to shut up and go make you a sandwich."

Not sure tho.

The second post deleted was probably because you were complaining about the mods. It didn't mention sleep apnea.

Post it again without the make you a sandwich thing. BTW, if I were posting that I'd use sammich instead of sandwich.
Damn- you sure have to walk a fine line around here anymore. :-)