How did it go for you?

oldupsman

Really? You guys would handle packages like that!??
Honestly, when I first started half of the rural routes didn't have house numbers.
It was po boxes or someone's name with a road and town as an address.
And it would take me pages to describe the old post office rural delivery system
numbers that people used.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Honestly, when I first started half of the rural routes didn't have house numbers.
And it would take me pages to describe the old post office rural delivery system

When I started running rural routes, you needed 2 different county maps.

I can see that DM standing in front of the whole building proclaiming.
"We're United Parcel Service. And service is what we sell."
Like I've said before, now we're just another half assed delivery company.

Those days are gone.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had an area with the same house numbers about half a mile apart when the numbers changed from city to county. The had to know which customers always got packages. And some of the private roads with several house had really crazy numbering systems. And yeah, no house numbers for a lot of people - everyone they know knows which house to go to.

Gladly that did change when everyone was forced to get house numbers for emergency services.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Then when he got his first package car he had to crank start it.
Rare footage
IMG_5617.gif

CHEMA-DELMA

Local 25 Boston ,, a biannual bid ,, used to be annual , you bid anything your qualified for !
Feeder jobs a bit different , you need to have a CDL and be qualified by a sup to bid
Yes you can get bumped around in feeders .,, if they change a start time or a leg on your bid rte or cut the rte ,. The ball starts rolling and a sr guy can bid it , you cannot bid a feeder job that goes to a. Airport until you acquire a badge from airport security , hope this answers your questions. !!
feeders are the leaders!

CHEMA-DELMA

For real. In my 8 cube parked in a dock. 53 footer backed right into me. Came out of his cab and said oh :censored2: did I hit you after his trailer scratched the whole side of my package car. On road came out took some pictures and our mechanic said it just needed a bit of paint so it wasn't an accident
All that did was scratch the dirt off.

clean hairy

For real. In my 8 cube parked in a dock. 53 footer backed right into me. Came out of his cab and said oh :censored2: did I hit you after his trailer scratched the whole side of my package car. On road came out took some pictures and our mechanic said it just needed a bit of paint so it wasn't an accident
Was it Swifty Swift?