How do I get my job back?

UPSER1987

This thread illustrates why it is never a good idea to let an union rep speak for you. I’ll think and speak for myself thank you very much.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This thread illustrates why it is never a good idea to let an union rep speak for you. I’ll think and speak for myself thank you very much.
Disagree, IMO Union representation at UPS is critical. However not all advice from all Union Officials is “gospel”. The members need to make intelligent informed decisions regarding all advice and counsel and must be engaged and invested in their own representation.

Whither

Scofflaw
That IS possible. Let’s say you live in a state that the DMV occasionally sends out a letter demanding you provide proof of insurance. You’ve moved and for some reason didn’t get that letter. The DMV will suspend your license. I know people it’s happened to.
Happened to me a few years ago. Didn't pay a speeding ticket I got while on vacation several states from home and hadn't updated my address with the DMV. I knew if I went to that state, or possibly a neighboring one, I could get arrested for a bench warrant, but didn't cross my mind that my state would take such an extreme measure. I drove for 2 years before I discovered it, and spent nearly a year of it working as a valet for a hotel downtown -- lmao.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You can call the union hall and see if they have any other union trucking jobs available by the way. I think a lot of people skip over this part. We have Teamsters who do all kinds of inner-city routes outside of UPS here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Only problem is you’re a part time supe you have no union rep
You’ll do whatever your boss tells you to

and Like it
True, Part time sups don’t have Union Representation but the still have the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Code of Conduct, the UPS Help Line and the right to report to the appropriate Regulatory Agencies if they have the courage and integrity to use these methods for the correct reasons in the correct way.

I know it worked for me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Disagree, IMO Union representation at UPS is critical. However not all advice from all Union Officials is “gospel”. The members need to make intelligent informed decisions regarding all advice and counsel and must be engaged and invested in their own representation.

The sun always rises.

But.... sometimes on the harsh realities of life.

Whereistheunion

In the beginning of March, someone ran a red light and struck me as I was taking a left onto feeder road. The gentleman driving was going so fast he destroyed the front end of the package car. I was ticketed for having a suspended license since 2018 but started driving with UPS in 2019 which is impossible because they would have caught it and not let me drive, right? There was a mix up in the DPS but because of the pandemic I have to wait till August 2021 to get it fixed by court. I was terminated. In December my union rep talked me into resigning, so I did. I never went in front of a panel to speak my side or truth. My union rep told me he had no idea who put neg rehire, but I feel he did. He said they'd agree id have a positive rehire. I called HR because I was trying to get back into work at least for preload. They told me I have a negative rehire status and the only one who could change it was my reporting manager. Now there are tons of Men there that have had the same thing happen to them and they got their job back, but They wont let me start back from the bottom? I just feel I was discriminated against for being a woman and now i cant work in any UPS facility indefinitely. What should I do to try and earn my job back?

In the beginning of March, someone ran a red light and struck me as I was taking a left onto feeder road. The gentleman driving was going so fast he destroyed the front end of the package car. I was ticketed for having a suspended license since 2018 but started driving with UPS in 2019 which is impossible because they would have caught it and not let me drive, right? There was a mix up in the DPS but because of the pandemic I have to wait till August 2021 to get it fixed by court. I was terminated. In December my union rep talked me into resigning, so I did. I never went in front of a panel to speak my side or truth. My union rep told me he had no idea who put neg rehire, but I feel he did. He said they'd agree id have a positive rehire. I called HR because I was trying to get back into work at least for preload. They told me I have a negative rehire status and the only one who could change it was my reporting manager. Now there are tons of Men there that have had the same thing happen to them and they got their job back, but They wont let me start back from the bottom? I just feel I was discriminated against for being a woman and now i cant work in any UPS facility indefinitely. What should I do to try and earn my job back?
Just 1 person's opinion, you are :censored2: OUT OF LUCK. Look vigorously for a comparable job, don't waste NO more of your time.

KNK

If you truly believe this is the case.

1. File an ethics report.
2. Contact the EEO
3. Contact your old terminal manager, they can change that if they want to.
4. Consult an attorney.