how do you all deal with customers trying to get up into the cab.

It's really simple, just calmly state that, " For both our safety, you aren't allowed in the truck.". It's never failed me so far.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I have this dude on my route that gets the Medicaid/ welfare milk every month and he is always in just his undies. I go into stealth mode to try and leave the pkg. before he hears me, but he always comes out before I can get away. What a winner.
Yeah.I love these customers.Their just like dogs that know the sound of the truck.Only way to not be noticed is park a block away and walk.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I only have a couple of customers that will get up in the cab. No problems at all. I deliver a small town where everybody knows everybody. It's all about your comfort level.

FromBluetoBrown

I was on my way home from work when my pick up broke down about a mile from home. So I started walking and the driver that delivers to my house stopped and said "Your an UPS employee hop in" and he drove me home

myback

one time i was in my pkgcar w/engine running in front of a aptbldg. i just finished dels to the aptmgr when a lady came out the frontdoor and was walking towards the pkgcar. i could see her in the mirror heading towards me so i looked over my shoulder and began to drive away. as she saw the pkgcar begin to move she quickened her pace and started saying 'hey, wait?' she couldn't actually see me but i could see her in the mirror so i played deaf and kept going. she then began to run and chase after me yelling but i was too far ahead of her and never actually making eye contact or speaking with her i put the pedal to the metal. i would have loved to stay and chat but i got parcels to del. its united PARCEL service NOT united PEOPLE service. check it for yourself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are lucky there wasn't a concern waiting for you when you got off the road. She may have had a legitimate question for you--probably not, but you didn't take the 5-10 seconds to find out.

FromBluetoBrown

one time i was in my pkgcar w/engine running in front of a aptbldg. i just finished dels to the aptmgr when a lady came out the frontdoor and was walking towards the pkgcar. i could see her in the mirror heading towards me so i looked over my shoulder and began to drive away. as she saw the pkgcar begin to move she quickened her pace and started saying 'hey, wait?' she couldn't actually see me but i could see her in the mirror so i played deaf and kept going. she then began to run and chase after me yelling but i was too far ahead of her and never actually making eye contact or speaking with her i put the pedal to the metal. i would have loved to stay and chat but i got parcels to del. its united PARCEL service NOT united PEOPLE service. check it for yourself.

But there is SERVICE in there. And those customers we provide a SERVICE to put money in your pocket. I wouldn't be suprised if in the future she starts receiving FedEx packages.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have had someone try to get in my truck only once and it wasn't a customer.I was having a really bad day about 2 months ago and I was delivering to one of my favorite customers. As it turns out the customers UPS acct rep was there. He could see I was having a bad morning and came onto the truck after identifiying himself. It took me about 3 seconds longer than it should have to chase him out. I told him "I don't know you, you need to get out of my truck" He said again he was so and so. I said "I don't see any ID, get out". The alarms went off in my head when he stepped into the back, which was further than he should have ever gotten. He got off the truck and I never heard anything more about it.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Dilli, I would have done the same. I have been tasked on a number of occasions to try and infiltrate an area and I had a lot of success with just talk, pair that with a good scanner, Computer and printer and I could probably get a lot more....I always stay on the safe side.

Big Babooba

We once had a driver get back to his truck to find a drunk sitting in the driver's seat. The drunk didn't speak English and the driver didn't speak Spanish and was very uncooperative. He eventually had to call the police to get him out.

I had a customer who would eat his lunch in the drivers seat for 30-40 minutes...I didn't care since I was usually parked there for 3 hous anyway.

myback

oh, i also forgot to tell you she had a large meat-cleaver in her hand. i didn't want to talk to her about it. sorry. i'll be nice tomorrow ok.

SmithBarney

Once had a couple kids "try" to hitch a ride in an alley..
I could see them in the camera..
I slowed enough they got close.. then wham on the brakes..
I can guarentee they'll never try that stunt again..