UPS Transfer

UPSNW

UPS let feeder driver transfer hubs and now is revoking their transfer. Union had a hearing and told UPS they skipped over a package driver that was in the new hub that wanted it. Feeder driver has to transfer back to their old hub after 11 months of doing the job. Old hub is 3 hours away. They sold their house there. After getting the ok from UPS, they purchased a house in the new area. Now they have to relocate back. Transfer cost them over $50k in expenses to move and relocate.

UPS isn’t giving them a dime to relocate back. Seems like UPS and union dropped the ball. They gave the driver no notice. Just a last minute surprise call.

UPSNW

UPS let feeder driver transfer hubs and now is revoking their transfer. Union had a hearing and told UPS they skipped over a package driver that was in the new hub that wanted it. Feeder driver has to transfer back to their old hub after 11 months of doing the job. Old hub is 3 hours away. They sold their house there. After getting the ok from UPS, they purchased a house in the new area. Now they have to relocate back. Transfer cost them over $50k in expenses to move and relocate.

UPS isn’t giving them a dime to relocate back. Seems like UPS and union dropped the ball. They gave the driver no notice. Just a last minute surprise call.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Enough

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

542thruNthru

Let's be clear. UPS dropped the ball. The only thing the union did was enforce the contract for the member that was violated.

There is nothing in the contract that protects a member that was wrongfully transferred over a higher seniority members. So the union has done everything it can.

542thruNthru

4 times now

4th time this has been posted now. So I'll say again.

Let's be clear. UPS dropped the ball. The only thing the union did was enforce the contract for the member that was violated.

There is nothing in the contract that protects a member that was wrongfully transferred over a higher seniority members. So the union has done everything it can.

UPSNW

I only know so many details about this case, but it’s a mess. More to it than I know. The union didn’t give any notice that this was happening. They did it behind their back. The Union representation was one sided. This has being going on behind the feeder drivers back for 11 months. To get a random call saying to go back is pretty :censored2:ed up. The union is partially to blame.

It’s an interesting one. I guess it makes me think twice before transferring with UPS. I keep posting it to hear what people think.

UPSNW

I only know so many details about this case, but it’s a mess. More to it than I know. The union didn’t give any notice that this was happening. They did it behind their back. The Union representation was one sided. This has being going on behind the feeder drivers back for 11 months. To get a random call saying to go back is pretty :censored2:ed up. The union is partially to blame.

It’s an interesting one. I guess it makes me think twice before transferring with UPS. I keep posting it to hear what people think.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

The company :censored2:ed up. The union can only enforce the contract. This isn’t rocket science.
Is it fair for the feeder driver that thought he was transferred? No.
Was it fair to the package driver that was violated? No.
The company :censored2:ed up. Life isn’t fair. End of story, time to move on.

MyTripisCut

@BadIdeaGuy

also @BadderIdeaGuy
and Maybe

@BaddestIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Was the union aware that there was a transfer happening?
Was the union aware that there was an employee that was skipped over on the bid sheet?
Was the union not supposed to enforce the contract with regards to transfers?
Was defending the seniority skipped driver not the obligation of the union?
Was the union aware that there was a contract violation for all 11 months?

You say the union is partially to blame, but I'm not seeing it.
And with you saying you don't have all the details, I'm not sure you should be saying it.

The union relies on the members to report contract violations. They don't just magically know what goes on inside the buildings.

MyTripisCut

@BadIdeaGuy
After you ban @MyTripisCut
Please delete these 37 threads this dude has started
172582B8-3CCA-4298-8892-6F2515C96E81.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
Was the union aware that there was a transfer happening?
Was the union aware that there was an employee that was skipped over on the bid sheet?
Was the union not supposed to enforce the contract with regards to transfers?
Was defending the seniority skipped driver not the obligation of the union?
Was the union aware that there was a contract violation for all 11 months?

You say the union is partially to blame, but I'm not seeing it.
And with you saying you don't have all the details, I'm not sure you should be saying it.

The union relies on the members to report contract violations. They don't just magically know what goes on inside the buildings.
Karnak.jpg