How do you defend yourself being on 9.5 list

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by iunnoimjustatcd, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I've heard it's a lot of harassment being on 9.5 list. What should I expect and how should I react?

2. 5habits100

5habits100 Well-Known Member

Be where you are at when you are supposed to be there and if they harass you talk with your steward or BA they should take care of it.

3. wide load

wide load Well-Known Member

Show your pay stub. If your over, they should be paying.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Defend?

No defense needed. I don't want the hours. Figure out a way to keep me under and we have no problems. Don't and I file. End of story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

6. UniteandWin

UniteandWin Active Member

All the defense you need is in article 37 in the National. At the same time dot your i 's and cross t ' s do everything by the book. Show vigilance and commitment to your rights under article 37

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

File on everything. But make sure your doing your job. Cover your ass as others have said. Do it by the book. Eventually they will get the hint that you aren't going to be a pushover and move on to the next.

8. I've been working by all the methods I know 8 keys slipfalls/lifting lowering, 10 point, 5 habbits, 5 backing. I've never seen the 340 work methods though, I've actually requested it and my manager hasn't provided it. What is article 37? I've been needing a copy of my contract but work everyday during the week. Waiting for the monthly meeting to get one unless my union steward has one.

9. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

https://teamster.org/upsupsf-contract-updates/ups-agreements-2013-2018

• List
  10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Just do your job and you'll be fine. No one ever got fired for doing their job.

11. UniteandWin

Article 37 is a process. Use your 8 hours, let your center manager and steward know when you have 2 9.5s. Then opt in. If violated or retaliation use the next steps in article 37, again prepare to be observed so don't screw up

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. UniteandWin

Deliver every day like your being observed. Excessive overtime is ups s way of not staffing thier centers. If you don't want to file 9.5 s for yourself, file them for part time employees tgat want to go full time

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Yeah, you looking at the newest addition to the 9.5 list :p
    I doubt they will give me 9.5hrs of work, then they'll just blame me/observe when I start filing.
    When does my 9.5 go into effect?

14. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Good job kiddo... Lol just do the best that you can.. Nobody's perfect no matter what anyone here or there says

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

If we could even get 1/4 of the people to get on the list it would get more runs in

16. on 9.5 list they kept me out 10.5 today, just curious what I should do and what my pay out will be when it comes time to file if they do this 3 days this week. I'm a rookie when it comes to 9.5 and driving in general. I don't give a :censored2: as long as I can get some more $$$ out of UPS.