how do you feel about random drug tests?

City Driver

carried over from the tattoos thread so it wont get off topic

do you feel companies shouldnt be able to drug test there employees at random and as new hires?

personally i dont see the problem with it at all...i believe they have the right to know that you dont do drugs

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I think it is fair, legal the way UPS has it set up -

You are hired knowing that drug tests are possible.

Drug tests are only done with probable cause. (swinging from the rafters of your center, naked, screaming about killer cardboard)

I DO agree with pre-employment screening if 100% of the applicants are tested. I DO NOT agree with random drug tests for no reason, and would go to the mat / get fired over it. (I'd have a short, paid vacation)

And no, I don't - it has been a few decades since it would have been a concern.

UPSNewbie

Should be able to. Any company. I know a lot of positions that would open up if so. :happy-very:

Not job related, but in high school, I was randomly tested about seven times.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Random drug tests sound like fun. Would they be multiple choice and how would one study for it?:peaceful:

some1else

Banned
The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all
times

i think its a stretch to call forcing me to piss in a cup treating me with dignity. and assuming your employees are smackheads is not respectful.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
times

i think its a stretch to call forcing me to piss in a cup treating me with dignity. and assuming your employees are smackheads is not respectful.

Would you want a PC driver/feeder/shifter driving those vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol? :whiteflag:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
times

Complying with Federal Government regulations.

some1else

Banned
Complying with Federal Government regulations.
should probably change that language then so they are not violating my contract in doing so.

why not add we will treat you with respect unless we feel like watching you piss

or something along those lines lol. i know its allowed; legally and contractually my point was that they are treating us like some junkie hooker on probation and i personally find it disrespectful.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
should probably change that language then so they are not violating my contract in doing so.

why not add we will treat you with respect unless we feel like watching you piss

or something along those lines lol. i know its allowed; legally and contractually my point was that they are treating us like some junkie hooker on probation and i personally find it disrespectful.

Understand ... I would not like it either ... it's just part of the process.
I just sigh, shrug my shoulders and piss. :biting:

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

If youre not a pothead then why worry?

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
If I was a employer of thousands of people driving vehicles, I would want them tested!:wink2:

I'll take a test everyday if that's what it takes....I have nothing to fear anyways...I believe that ALL of us should take them.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Correct me if I speak out of turn here, but...

I do not believe the drug testing is upsetting to anyone because they might test positive. It is upsetting due to the erosion of civil liberties that the random testing represents.

I never hide heroin in the trunk of my car, either, but I'm not going to let someone search my car for no reason.

SmithBarney

Livin the dream, I'd give a gallon to them, its not a violation of any civil liberty
I was hired on with the knowledge that testing occurs, and I was hired on with the
expectation of being drug free..

So by being hired you are volunteering to this practice.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If UPS pays me I'll do any tests that they want.
Sitting around & pissing into a cup sounds better than humping packages anytime.