How do you guys stay so fat?

watdaflock?

I would think that having a job that has you constantly on your feet would help keep you in decent shape but when I look around the hub I work at all I see are overweight middle age men
In my hub they wear brown uniforms and are called drivers.

StoptheAct1212

Here is the honest answer.
We work long hours, we eat dinner late. normally 830ish.
We are out on the road all day, we eat shiiiity.
Im not that big, but definitely gained anout 20lbs over the years.
No time for the gym.

Here is the honest answer.
We work long hours, we eat dinner late. normally 830ish.
We are out on the road all day, we eat shiiiity.
Im not that big, but definitely gained anout 20lbs over the years.
No time for the gym.
Yet some drivers (Feeder drivers included) do have time to eat right, work out and stay in healthy shape. I have known drivers that change and go for a run during their lunch time.

dudebro

The other thing people forget, is the human body is very adaptive. The first few months of driving most people lose weight because it's new to them and they aren't smooth with the methods. After awhile though, it stops being hard because your body adapts to it and you find a comfortable pace. At that point, you have to watch what you eat again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The other thing people forget, is the human body is very adaptive. The first few months of driving most people lose weight because it's new to them and they aren't smooth with the methods. After awhile though, it stops being hard because your body adapts to it and you find a comfortable pace. At that point, you have to watch what you eat again.

...unless you are like me and have a metabolism that is off the charts...

Cementups

Box Monkey
In the end it comes down to choices and a lot of your so called "fat drivers" make bad ones. It's easy to say, eat healthy and you'll stay in decent shape with this relatively active job. But the truth is a lot of drivers are on the run and it's easier to grab a couple Tornados off the hot dog roller and a bag a chips and a Big Gulp soda while you're making a delivery to the 7-11 than it would be to drive down the road slightly out of the way and get a grilled chicken salad at the pizza shop. And buying is way easier than getting up 10 minutes earlier to pack your lunch with all the right stuff.

And then you have the drivers (ones I know personally) who don't eat breakfast, don't eat lunch and then just get home and have one BIG meal when they get home before they sit their fat :censored2: on the couch for the night. SUPER BAD!!!

And to top it off, we sit on our fat azzes more than we are up moving around sometimes. I've had routes where I could spend 75% of the time in the seat and the rest actually moving.

Personal account:
So yeah, when I started driving I was 6'2" and 200 pounds. in one year i put on 30 pounds, because it's easy to eat like crap. After a year I got sent back inside because of the strike in '97 and I quickly lost the 30 pounds. I was able to eat better and also fit in time to go to the gym. After a year I went back to driving and over time put on 70 pounds. SEVENTY POUNDS!!!!! I was eating and drinking like crap. I put a halt to that and starts running before work and working out after (I was tired after those long days) and eating better. I lost 40 pounds and even ran a half marathon. But after that I went back to my old ways and then broke my arm and couldn't work for 5 months. Then topped it off with having my gall bladder removed. Over that time I got back up to 270 pounds. That was 6 months ago. I've since lost 20 pounds though since I found out I have Celiac's and can't have gluten and also shouldn't have greasy fatty foods since I don't have a gall bladder to help digest that. So now I'm forced to eat healthier and in the end am doing better because of it. Now if i could get myself to stop drinking soda I would be golden, LOL.

BrownDog5117

How much do you want to bet that all the fat drivers don't bring their own lunch...?

Fast food on route is the culprit I imagine.

Probably some back-first exceptions too.. heh.

W

What The Hawk?

They only "fat" one's I've seen are the ones up there in there late 30s and up and it probably has to do with them getting older. Still in great health just metabolism changes, or health issues change..etc..

They only "fat" one's I've seen are the ones up there in there late 30s and up and it probably has to do with them getting older. Still in great health just metabolism changes, or health issues change..etc..
We're given bad advice to eat "lots of whole grains". Why would what you use to fatten up livestock make you not get fat? Ruined my metabolism on, well, junk when I was younger, and then organic oatmeal and fruit . Just veggies and meat, now, to stay fit.

W

What The Hawk?

Personal account:
So yeah, when I started driving I was 6'2" and 200 pounds. in one year i put on 30 pounds, because it's easy to eat like crap. After a year I got sent back inside because of the strike in '97 and I quickly lost the 30 pounds. I was able to eat better and also fit in time to go to the gym. After a year I went back to driving and over time put on 70 pounds. SEVENTY POUNDS!!!!! I was eating and drinking like crap. I put a halt to that and starts running before work and working out after (I was tired after those long days) and eating better. I lost 40 pounds and even ran a half marathon. But after that I went back to my old ways and then broke my arm and couldn't work for 5 months. Then topped it off with having my gall bladder removed. Over that time I got back up to 270 pounds. That was 6 months ago. I've since lost 20 pounds though since I found out I have Celiac's and can't have gluten and also shouldn't have greasy fatty foods since I don't have a gall bladder to help digest that. So now I'm forced to eat healthier and in the end am doing better because of it. Now if i could get myself to stop drinking soda I would be golden, LOL.

Hey, at least you care about your personal health. More power to you. It's ok to enjoy the little things in life as long as it is in moderation. How much soda do you drink? If it's really that much just ween yourself off little by little. . :)

W

What The Hawk?

We're given bad advice to eat "lots of whole grains". Why would what you use to fatten up livestock make you not get fat? Ruined my metabolism on, well, junk when I was younger, and then organic oatmeal and fruit . Just veggies and meat, now, to stay fit.
I don't really listen to alot of "don't do this" from many people (unless it's common sense), including doctors. Cause from what I've seen, after they do more research it comes around that what they were saying was wrong. Take Diet Soda for instance, it's actually worse for you than regular soda. But soda all together is bad.

sox

I would think that having a job that has you constantly on your feet would help keep you in decent shape but when I look around the hub I work at all I see are overweight middle age men.
Sounds like a preloader that's angry with his drivers for complaining about his poor loading job