How do you sheet up "dog"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
NI1, leave a dr note on the mailbox. "Please put up your dog". If it's a problem the next day, Security, turn it into the clerks to post card or call. Only had to do this a few times. I can usually get a dog to behave. I don't carry dog treats or spray. Always had a way with critters, there are very few dogs I don't like.
I usually get along with dogs too. But there are a few I wouldn't trust to turn my back on. I wouldn't use a spray unless I had no choice. I had one that I have never seen out of the yard until the other day. That is one dog I don't trust. I pulled up and stopped and as soon as I moved out of my seat it charged at the truck. I yelled at it and it moved off but still stood his ground. There was no way in hell I was getting out of the truck after that. I layed on the horn and the owner came out. Of course the owner is saying, 'he's a good dog'. YA RIGHT!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They r probably all good dogs. They are doing their job, just like us. I love dogs, have a few, but Im not going to make one mad. NI1 dog.

Scoot

I sheet them as Not Ready. It keeps from having to leave a delivery notice. Service cross as NR1 "dog". Drop the package off to the clerk, clerk usually contacts customer. Package is delivered the next day while dog tears apart the window blinds trying to get to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I sheet them as Not Ready. It keeps from having to leave a delivery notice. Service cross as NR1 "dog". Drop the package off to the clerk, clerk usually contacts customer. Package is delivered the next day while dog tears apart the window blinds trying to get to me.

The only time NR should be used for residential deliveries is when you are attempting either a Call Tag or OCA. You should be using NI. If you don't want to fill out the delivery notice just scan it and throw it away.

Scoot

The only time NR should be used for residential deliveries is when you are attempting either a Call Tag or OCA. You should be using NI. If you don't want to fill out the delivery notice just scan it and throw it away.

When my sup tells me this is the case, I will do just that but since I've been doing this for years without any complaints I will carry on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When my sup tells me this is the case, I will do just that but since I've been doing this for years without any complaints I will carry on.

Just curious, who wasn't ready? The dog?

If no one is home and you can't complete the delivery it is NI.

How is the customer supposed to know that you made a delivery attempt if you can't be bothered to fill out and leave a delivery notice?

old levi's

blank space
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But I work as directed!

I also work as directed when I find a Damaged pkg. in the load and record as REFUSED/DIDN'T WANT.
That opens up a huge can of worms which usually ends with the customer finding out that we damaged their pkg. and lied about it.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I also work as directed when I find a Damaged pkg. in the load and record as REFUSED/DIDN'T WANT.
That opens up a huge can of worms which usually ends with the customer finding out that we damaged there pkg. and lied about it.

This still iritates the hell out of me. We should be able to sheet these REF/DAM.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Some good, old fashioned Canadian "humor"?

If I carried pepper spray, and a dog was coming at me, I don't care if I'm at the persons front door. It's pepper spray, not a shotgun, and if it's a choice between the dog having irritated eyes or me being bit, then sorry Fido

As a home and dog owner, I would much rather wash pepper spray out of my dogs eyes than to deal with a lawsuit from a person that my dog bit.

soberups

I love it when a homeowner comes frantically running out in order to apologize for the fact that their dog just jumped into my truck....only to find their dog is already up in my lap getting a back scratch and a biscuit.

satellitedriver

In 23 years I have never brought a pkg back due to a dog. I have always found some way to get rid of it.

In my 26yrs, I can say the same.
I have been bit and attacked, inside my pkg car.
I have had people "sic" their dog on me for fun.
I have been cornered in garages , by very mean dogs.
Cookies, and other kind of treats, works for 99% of the dogs on my route.
The other 1% get a very strong ass kicking.
The pkg gets delivered, one way, or an other.

I am no Rambo, but I go Billy Jack, when attacked by a dog.
When I was 2yrs old, I was mauled by a dog and I can still smell his breath while he was biting my face.
Funny how life works out.
I like the animals on my route more than I do their owners.
All my dogs and cats are rescue animals.
I have flown many miles shuttling dogs in small aircraft, for the Pilot for Paws volunteer program.
Helluva paradox.
I carry treats, and "deterrents", for both man and beast, on my route.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I personally future them to the next business day and leave an infonote on the property somewhere saying "secure dog for delivery attempt tomorrow", I also make it a point to write in bold sharpie marker "loose dog on premise" by the service cross. You never know who'll be making the attempt the next day.

whenIgetthere

​We had a local deputy sheriff show up one morning to pick up his package. We got to talking about dogs and issues with biters. He told us that they (sheriffs dept and animal shelter) uses a citronella spray instead of pepper spray. He said it is very effective without the side effects of pepper spray. I looked online to buy some. It's not expensive at all.

After my dog was mauled by my neighbors pitbulls in my yard (I was taking her for a walk on leash at the time), I told the sherriff that responded, if I see the dogs in my yard again, I'd kill them. He told me "I'd rather deal with dead pitbulls than a dead you. Do what you have to do to keep you and your dog safe."

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not in 1. After multiple times of that happening people who get packages consistently will either put thier dog away or pick thier package up at the hub. Tell me the last time someone was disciplined for refusing to deliver to a house with a dog, viscous or not. You won't

soberups

After my dog was mauled by my neighbors pitbulls in my yard (I was taking her for a walk on leash at the time), I told the sherriff that responded, if I see the dogs in my yard again, I'd kill them. He told me "I'd rather deal with dead pitbulls than a dead you. Do what you have to do to keep you and your dog safe."

I love pitbulls and owned one for 15 years, but if an aggressive one was in my yard and threatening my family or my pets I would not hesitate to blow it away.