How does a missorted package end up out for delivery?

RedAngel

$1K in union dues which I wrote off on my taxes and got $250 back.

Thanks for playing.
So 1k ok not bad small investment I suppose,so the all mighty Union is there for your best interest right?
So I'm assuming that's why you pay your dues so they can look out for you.
So let me ask you something why is this eighth year veteran UPS driver on here begging For help due to the small Marijuana drug test incident that now cause him his job even though his state legalized it?.Sure poor judgment on his part stupidity also but
I'm just curious where's the union what's the point of giving your hard earned money to a union reps who dont really care about you individuality but I guess your right 79k is still good money who cares if they get 1k to do just that nothing for you.But I bet if you all stop giving your money they care.

Your welcome.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So 1k ok not bad small investment I suppose,so the all mighty Union is there for your best interest right?
So let me ask you something why is this eighth year veteran UPS driver on here begging For help due to the small Marijuana drug test incident that now cause him his job even though his state legalized it?.Sure poor judgment on his part stupidity also but
I'm just curious where's the union what's the point of giving your hard earned money to a union reps who dont really care about you individuality but I guess your right 79k is still good money who cares if they get 1k to do just that nothing for you.But I bet if you all stop giving your money they care.

Your welcome.
Wut?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Your welcome.
Most of
Ours total compensation is pushing 150k plus but I'd be bitter if I were you also.

dezguy

Your welcome.
I think I hear Fred calling you. He wants his nightly back rub.

dezguy

To add to my last post, here is a little food for thought for people like RedAngel.

I believe I saw you post that you're making $16 and change in another thread? If not for our competition and their union, do you really think you'd be even making that? FedEx pays just enough to keep some people from jumping ship to the competition. If not for UPS' union, you'd be getting paid minimum wage with no benefits.

Secondly, my "benefits" cost me $100/month in copay. I also have to pay into my "company pension". The UPS and Purolator guys in my city pay less than $100/month in union dues, get fully funded health benefits at no cost to them and have a real pension, at no cost to them all because of their union. With the money they save each month, they can grow a pretty nice RRSP which they can use on top of that pension the union negotiated for them, at retirement.

But you're right, the union does nothing for them. I sure hope you're never in the position of being fired with no hope of getting your job back because you don't have a union fighting for you. I have seen FedEx get rid of a lot of people because they could in my time here. I have also seen a lot of UPS and Purolator guys back on the job after being let go, a short time later because the union did what they are paid to do and fought for them.

RedAngel

that's what Fredward and his minions would have us all to believe, but alas, jus tain't so.
To add to my last post, here is a little food for thought for people like RedAngel.

I believe I saw you post that you're making $16 and change in another thread? If not for our competition and their union, do you really think you'd be even making that? FedEx pays just enough to keep some people from jumping ship to the competition. If not for UPS' union, you'd be getting paid minimum wage with no benefits.

Secondly, my "benefits" cost me $100/month in copay. I also have to pay into my "company pension". The UPS and Purolator guys in my city pay less than $100/month in union dues, get fully funded health benefits at no cost to them and have a real pension, at no cost to them all because of their union. With the money they save each month, they can grow a pretty nice RRSP which they can use on top of that pension the union negotiated for them, at retirement.

But you're right, the union does nothing for them. I sure hope you're never in the position of being fired with no hope of getting your job back because you don't have a union fighting for you. I have seen FedEx get rid of a lot of people because they could in my time here. I have also seen a lot of UPS and Purolator guys back on the job after being let go, a short time later because the union did what they are paid to do and fought for them.
this back and fourth make no sense im not here to argue and maybe your right I only been with the company for over a year I made a funny comment about UPS the UPS driver got on the defensive and I guess here fellow FedEx drivers love UPS more than the Company that feeds them kudos to you also I'm not a "Narc" what are you still 19 I'm just a Small FSDC courier that bleeds more purple than you.So Hate and talk all this smack but in the end your still there and not in UPS making 100k.

dezguy

this back and fourth make no sense im not here to argue and maybe your right I only been with the company for over a year I made a funny comment about UPS the UPS driver got on the defensive and I guess here fellow FedEx drivers love UPS more than the Company that feeds them kudos to you also I'm not a "Narc" what are you still 19 I'm just a Small FSDC courier that bleeds more purple than you.So Hate and talk all this smack but in the end your still there and not in UPS making 100k.
You're not here to argue yet you decided to ahead an bait a UPSer into an argument by attacking the very reason he/she is able to make a damn good living. Seems legit to me.

You go ahead and bleed purple. I haven't bled purple in a damn long time. I don't owe this company anything and I'm not working for them because I love FedEx.

I've seen plenty of you ilk come and go but in the end you all have the same thing in common; You eventually see this company for what it really is. But please, keep bleeding that purple. Let me know where that gets you at the end of the day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm just a Small FSDC courier that bleeds more purple than you.
Are you bragging or apologizing?

Just remember the more you bleed purple, the more you'll be rewarded with more work and less time. Fred loves people like you who will gladly bend over for this garbage company.

SmithBarney

Just because the state makes something legal doesn't mean employers have to allow it at work.
You can't get drunk and come to work, you can't get high and come to work.
much in the same way you cannot take prescription morphine and come to work, and it'll show
up in drug tests for a while.
Despite medical necessity or not, UPS and many other employers cannot afford the "risk" associated with any drug usage.
And if the guy is apparently in enough pain to need weed, assuming he's not using it while on the job, if he's in that much pain, he probably shouldn't be driving a truck.

And a customers inquiry post has officially be derailed into a UNION VS POT SMOKING VS PURPLE debate... anyone else want to chime in?

STFXG

Just because the state makes something legal doesn't mean employers have to allow it at work.
much in the same way you cannot take prescription morphine and come to work, and it'll show
Despite medical necessity or not, UPS and many other employers cannot afford the "risk" associated with any drug usage.
And if the guy is apparently in enough pain to need weed, assuming he's not using it while on the job, if he's in that much pain, he probably shouldn't be driving a truck.

And a customers inquiry post has officially be derailed into a UNION VS POT SMOKING VS PURPLE debate... anyone else want to chime in?
Is it worth arguing with someone that doesn't understand the difference between state and federal regulations?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Package is routed by zip code, if incorrect zip code is on package, it will go to the station covering that zip. On a hand written AB, the pick up courier has a chance to correct the zip. If it's power ship, the courier doesn't have that opportunity. Then, in the morning, the station has address corrections (ACO) to packages before the packages even arrive at the station. If the address is close to or identical to an address at that station (i.e. 123 Main Street), it will assign it to the route which covers that address. I had one like that today, had exact same address as one on my route, city matched, but incorrect zip. I attempted to deliver it at that address, only to find out the zip AND city were incorrect. So that package showed out for delivery, even though the shipper made an error. We don't have a master system to show when a shipper screwed up. We have plenty of mis-sorts that are our fault, though. Just putting a package in the wrong can will send it to another city or even state.

BINGO!

and, BINGO!