How does one become a Steward?

Loyal Teamster

I'm interested in becoming a Steward, how does one apply? I believe I can improve my brothers working environment. I'd be a great representative & protect and my brothers.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

ups hero

I sure as heck wouldn't vote for you as my steward. Your all over the place man. One minute your all about brotherhood the next minute you say we should be replaced. Then you say this is a great contract and endorse it. Next you write to warn new hires not to work at ups because there is no future and the upcoming contract sucks. Then you say Hoffa/Hall sold us out. What is it?? Make up your mind and stick with it. JAZZHANDS is also dr. Jeckyl.

over9five

Staff member
Don't worry Loyal Teamster, I got your back again!!!!

38743276.jpg

HubBub

First you gotta pass the test. Good luck with that. Last guy I know went to do the test didn't make it back alive.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm interested in becoming a Steward, how does one apply? I believe I can improve my brothers working environment. I'd be a great representative & protect and my brothers.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

You challenge the current steward to a knife fight. :angry:

Or get a petition circulated if you feel like you have inadqueate union representation. Whichever.

In some cases -- especially if you have a ****ty steward on your sort -- an election might be held. If you have no representation in your area, you might simply be appointed. A lot of employees don't understand that a steward can't snap their fingers and fix everything, though. For example: I can't help a guy that's being written up for being late the third day in a row or being fired for no-calling for the last week.

ups hero

Talk to your local about it. Do you currently have a steward in your building? If you do, you can try to be put on as a alternate steward.

Scenario: ups hero just got in trouble for smiling.

Center manger calls for a termination. He says nobody should be happy here at work. He also mentions that JAZZHANDS, I mean Dr. Jeckyl , sorry I meant Loyal Teamster will be representing you.
Ups hero says screw that I'll represent myself. .... But then decides ok I will take some help.

How do you represent your brother in trouble?

ups hero

Sorry jackofalltrades, I jumped the trigger. I meant this question for Loyal Teamster. I didn't mean any offense to you.