How does the transfer process work for a loader?

Rawrzxor

My main questions are:

Are there any drawbacks to transferring?
and
How long does the transfer process take? A week? Two? More?

I'm probably just going to ask HR tomorrow, but I'd like some time to think it over before then. Searched the forums, but didn't find anything addressing these questions.

More info for any additional thoughts. I'd be cutting a total roundtrip commute from 1 hour 30 minutes to 50 minutes, so a transfer would mean a lot less gas and more hours I can spend working instead of driving. Currently, that's about 8 extra hours per week, vs 4 hours per week. Man do I miss my 30 minute commutes at my old job.

I'm also thinking about just switching shifts as an alternative.

I really like my hub. They're very chill and really don't give a :censored2: about anything. The building is ghetto as :censored2:, as is the equipment; and, the building I'm thinking of transferring to is brand new.

I prefer loading trailers, but the hub I'm thinking of going to only loads package cars--mostly.

What would you personally do if you were in my position?

Also, anyone who has loaded trailers and package cars in the past few years: which do you like better?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You can only move for educational purposes. So you'd have to quit and then get rehired at the center you want to switch to.

Rawrzxor

You can only move for educational purposes. So you'd have to quit and then get rehired at the center you want to switch to.

o_O Really? That's....really odd. What would constitute an educational purpose? Really, it would help, since it would be closer to my house, so I would have more time for school. But wtf are they talking about when they say educational purposes?

CHALLY9TX

o_O Really? That's....really odd. What would constitute an educational purpose? Really, it would help, since it would be closer to my house, so I would have more time for school. But wtf are they talking about when they say educational purposes?

You having to move due to going to college/university......

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My main questions are:

Are there any drawbacks to transferring?
and
How long does the transfer process take? A week? Two? More?

I'm probably just going to ask HR tomorrow, but I'd like some time to think it over before then. Searched the forums, but didn't find anything addressing these questions.

More info for any additional thoughts. I'd be cutting a total roundtrip commute from 1 hour 30 minutes to 50 minutes, so a transfer would mean a lot less gas and more hours I can spend working instead of driving. Currently, that's about 8 extra hours per week, vs 4 hours per week. Man do I miss my 30 minute commutes at my old job.

I'm also thinking about just switching shifts as an alternative.

I really like my hub. They're very chill and really don't give a :censored2: about anything. The building is ghetto as :censored2:, as is the equipment; and, the building I'm thinking of transferring to is brand new.

I prefer loading trailers, but the hub I'm thinking of going to only loads package cars--mostly.

What would you personally do if you were in my position?

Also, anyone who has loaded trailers and package cars in the past few years: which do you like better?
Unless it's offered to you, or you are transferring because of school, if either of those don't apply to you.... then you ain't going.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have to ask what an educational transfer is you clearly have no reason to apply for one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hold up....you have an hour and a half commute for a 4-5 hour workday...making like 12/hr? That sucks