How does YOUR center?

FilingBluesFL

My only BS part of it was that I sent a message into the OMS about my late air and what happened. When my on car and I and the union steward were int eh office he asked me what happened as I don't usually have late air. I said, "Didn't you get my message?" In response, "what message?" Once again communication error on the behalf of management.
Not that I still wasn't int he wrong for the late air, but there would have been no questions if the message was relayed properly.

Sounds like Par for the course.

I had one DIAD at the very end of peak go absolutely insane. I'd touch one part of the screen, and then it would think I was pushing buttons on the complete opposite side of the screen. Recalibrating it did nothing to help. It would also randomly think the screen was being touched when it wasn't.

It literally died the day after Christmas. Went to pull it from the slot, and all these red lights were blinking on it and the battery didn't recharge or anything. It was crazy.

Reminded me of the Red Ring of Death on the first XBOX 360 lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My only BS part of it was that I sent a message into the OMS about my late air and what happened. When my on car and I and the union steward were int eh office he asked me what happened as I don't usually have late air. I said, "Didn't you get my message?" In response, "what message?" Once again communication error on the behalf of management.
Not that I still wasn't int he wrong for the late air, but there would have been no questions if the message was relayed properly.
It's BS because the air wasn't actually late, you delivered it on time the only thing you did wrong was make a small, internal clerical error that could easily be corrected. Essentially they gave you a warning letter for a service failure that never happened.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Aren't they supposed to be removed after 9 months?

Here, ours stay in your file permanently unless you grieve it to get it removed. Every time I've been written up, they show you what they are writing in your file before the steward signs off on it. In that file, you can see all of the things you've been written up for.

Here, ours stay in your file permanently unless you grieve it to get it removed. Every time I've been written up, they show you what they are writing in your file before the steward signs off on it. In that file, you can see all of the things you've been written up for.
You have the right to review your file.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if I'll be receiving another one for rude behavior towards a customer .
Fri nite sdwc , I told a customer that there was no way I could locate her nda cell phone since the oncar sup never put onto his diad what car he was using . I searched thru several cars with no luck , as did 3 other people who tried to help locate it . The customer wanted the twilight operation to stop & have us search thru the retain feeder and all the belts too. I told the customer no way and to leave , because I had done everything possible already .
Stubborn customer demanded that she wasn't leaving without her phone , for almost 2 hrs .
{ she needed this special phone because she was leaving the country , a very over used excuse } .

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I was told i was being issued a warning letter 2 months ago but they never showed it to me.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"I told the customer no way and to leave".

Why didn't you let your sup handle this difficult customer ?

Security is one guy to watch the entire building , who has to search all the drivers leaving for metal objects .
And for some reason sdwc was jammed by people , dead all day long until 7pm then a mob shows up .
Honestly we clerks are left to deal with these crowds by ourselves .

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The first disciplinary meeting I had in Feeders was an hourlong affair over some sort of repeated service failures by one of our drivers. Both the Division Manager and Feeder Manager were present and the tone was definitely serious all throughout. I was quite surprised when they were just pushing for a warning letter. I can't remember ever having such a production over "just a warning letter" in Package. It taught me that the way Package treats warning letters is part of why they have so many problems. Formal discipline should be a last resort, with Management actually learning to have a dialogue with their employees before ever needing to involve representation. Package just treats them as a FU to drivers, which is why they get so much of the same back. It also dilutes the disciplinary process as throwaway warning letters are pretty much handled that way at Panel.

Mack Grant

I came in the other night and there was about 8 warning letters shoved into the DIAD slots. I have never seen this done in over 30 years. How does your center handle these?
Your mgt team must be either complete amateurs or totally out of ideas because UPS cannot discipline you without a steward present. There is a line on any form of discipline for the shop steward to sign saying he was present to represent you.

scisector9

This thread makes me curious about a warning letter I never received last month for a struck stationary crash I had during an ice storm.

The day of incident I was told in front of a steward I was going to get said letter for unavoidable accident. Fair enough I slid into a retaining wall because I slid on ice.

Long story short I never was given or mailed said letter and never signed anything. I asked my steward and was told they had 5 business days to give me letter and if I never received it to not ask. Any chance they let it slide or forgot? Was the week before Christmas.

Thoughts?

Sent using BrownCafe App