How hard is Integrad?

mjjlohn

Road test was a trip to the convenience store. First day out I was nervous and drove the wrong way down a parking lot feeder road. My supe said, "I'm going to close my eyes and when I open them you're going to be across that median on the right side"---- never had an issue after that, dropped him off at his car around noon. Never got a 2nd or 3rd day.

km3

That's what a friend of mine told me they try to weed the weaklings out that can't deal with the stress. They are looking for people who won't quit on them if things get hairy.

I would've thought it would be the opposite--looking for people that they can break before they get to top-rate.

BrownThunder

I was in the 3rd integrad class @ the Menlo Park facility. It was a very stressful experience for many of us. More than half the class failed and I thought I wasn't going to make it pretty much the entire time there.

The first couple days are designed to shellshock and overwhelm you. It's good you know your DOK, that's one less thing you'll have to worry about. There is a lot of procedural information you do not know yet and they will dump it on you pretty quickly. You will have a partner for the duration of your class, and will have to work together while moving from station to station completing modules at the computer.

My best advice looking back is do exactly what your told, exactly how your told and exactly when your told. Appearance standards are strictly enforced. There will be a point where you can be sent home for just not adhering to that standard.

Make sure you're getting your rest at night. Make sure you're eating breakfast in the morning before your shuttle arrives. Make sure your alarm is set every night. I set my phone, the room clock and had the front desk call me every morning.

They will act like they don't like you from probably Sunday to Wednesday/Thursday. Don't take anything personal these are good men and women who want to sculpt you into world class DSPs.

Make sure you get to that initial meeting on Sunday at the hotel at least 15minutes early because he/she is going to grill the :censored2: out of everyone who shows up right before it starts. Early is on time, on time is late that's what he told us.

After class is over just go to your room try to relax and rest up for the next day. Try not to endulge in drinking at the hotel bar. I usually would iron my clothes for the next day it was always kind of therapeutic to me.

There are many hurdles you will need to clear to graduate, a couple come to mind.

-daily diad iv assessments
-presentations to the class on topics selected for you
-group work, score based contests
-timed pretrip test
-on road tests
-integration station
-final assessment
-DOK (5 seeing,10pt)

I probably left some out but yeah just be ready man its about to get real for you tomorrow. Many of us had young families and a lot riding on passing. The pressure was immense. I remember a handful of us sitting together after graduating drinking and crying like bitches.

It was a level of joy I only experienced 2 other times in my adult life. Whenever this job starts to wear on me I always flash back to those moments and I can't help but smile and thank God for this opportunity. You can do this man I believe in you!

Whargoul

I had to be clean shaven and my uniform all perfect ironed with my boots shined. They lined us up every morning and checked us out. One guy left the iron too long on his shirt and burnt it haha

BrownThunder

As stressful as integrad was, it still pales in comparison to those first couple weeks of your 30 day probation.

Keep a good attitude because getting the hang of managing a route takes time.

Fail your way to success. One day it will click and you'll be able to finish without help. It's a glorious moment during your 30.