How hard is it to get a job in UPS?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Typically, you need three things:

1) A "plan" to get to work (mommy can drive me, I'll ride the bus, I have a car, etc.)
2) "Available time" (can work the shift applied for)
3) A pulse

You're getting the run-around.

fatthief

Typically, you need three things:

1) A "plan" to get to work (mommy can drive me, I'll ride the bus, I have a car, etc.)
2) "Available time" (can work the shift applied for)
3) A pulse

You're getting the run-around.
I have all three, but still can't get the job, every time I contact him, he said "not finalize yet."

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
Full time management or specialized jobs take a while in any company, but I'm sure you know that. I work in management in my full time job (another Fortune 500) and we sometimes take up to 4 months to actually complete a hiring process for management or technical positions.

I'm assuming this job was open and you were interviewed for an actively open position, yes? Usually, if there were other applicants and you simply lost the position, you would be notified. So hopefully, the job is open, and you are still in the running. I'd ping the HR person on a weekly basis via email and/or telephone just to keep your finger on the pulse.

Good luck.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jobs in big companies are more about networking with someone already there. They go to the "bull pen" of resumes if no one can vouch for someone applying for that position. You're one of xxxx resumes on desk. Good news is when you get hired you're still just a number, so you'll be used to it.