how has the attitude of ups evolved to where it is today.

Braveheart

"The numbers don't lie" is a lie in and of itself. We could take this a step further and say "The numbers don't deliver pkgs, either." "The numbers don't deal with the customer, either." - I like that - I'll have to remember it.

IE stands for Intercourse and Exercise
After they get done screwing with you, they give you the runaround.
Love the IE definition!

Braveheart

My center manager is a complete clown. Hes a sneak that follows drivers and takes pictures and video tapes of drivers working and then will try and fire you on made up charges. He'll preach all his nonsense during the pcm's about safety and honesty, integrity, etc blah blah blah but he doesnt practice what he preaches. somedays you'll drive by his house and see his car in his driveway for 3-4 hours in the middle of the day. I'm sure he tells the dm hes out talking to customers or flagging misloads but I know hes watching tv or mowing his lawn.:laugh:
The next time call LP and tell them that an employee is stealing time but do not tell them who lives there and see if that does the trick. Call a friend to go video tape him mowing his lawn when he should be working and then mail it to Atlanta!

satellitedriver

Just want a serious evaluation on how the labor relations of ups has evolved since the start of this company. How are supervisors trained in dealing with their employees. It seems as if there are less "fair" management people around and all anyone wants to do is fire employees for the smallest of issues. I believe this is very poor employee relations and it is a sort of poison within the company. Common sense seems to be nowhere anymore. Does the union have anything to do with this? It seems that if there was no union things would be as bad or worse. Why would ups want this image of micromanagement and harassment/fear toward their employees both union and non-union. It just breeds bad employees who continue the cycle. Why doesnt anyone understand the saying, "happy employees are productive employees." Does anyone else feel the same. I believe ups thinks that all employees are guility of something, and just havent been caught yet. Seems like a very counterproductive thing to worry about, a waste of company time and money in most cases. Wouldnt using this time worrying about fedex be a better business plan?

From my perspective, nothing has changed in the last 21 yrs, except the technology.
I learned at the beginning that I would just have to out live the bad managers.
PAX