How long did it take you to make your 30 days?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by uber, Nov 5, 2012.

1. uber

uber Guest

Was it 30 consecutive? Or was it 30 dispersed through a couple months? I'm on day 8 out of 10 since I went driving. Got word today that they didn't have me drive the past couple days because of the Hurricane and volume being down because of it.
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

This is going to sound weird but mine took 30 days. Consecutive.
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

30 in a row. Once I was in the package car it was about ten months before I had my first day off.
  4. Brokedownandbrown

Brokedownandbrown New Member

Are you package driver,or cover?

Cover works when they need you. You have 90 days to get 30 for seniority.

Full time works before cover, make sure that no cover is working.
  5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Thirty days, consecutive, haven't stopped working since.
  6. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

30 consecutive here.
  7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Straight through here, never got a day off til after I qualified.
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

About a year.
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Is this a trick question?
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Me too
  11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

30 days.
  12. uber

uber Guest

So you guys are all saying that getting laid off during pre-seniority is normal. But none of you were ever laid off for days during your pre-seniority?
  13. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

It is normal, but we must have gone when there was the volume. We have had casuals working preload for the past couple months. One of my best friends went to driver school 3 weeks ago, and still hasn't driven. She's on Metro, though. I told her to go in every morning and let them see your face. They will ask you to work.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's been 23 years so my memory is a little fuzzy but I know that it was not 30 consecutive days. I had a side job delivering auto parts and they knew that UPS was first and that I would work for them when UPS did not need me. It was only after a month or so that I quit the auto parts job. I was lucky in that I was hired during a period of growth within UPS.
  15. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That depends on your location. In my area cover drivers are FT drivers and are guaranteed 8 hrs a day just like any other driver they just don't have a bid route they cover or run split routes.
  16. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Same here
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It took me a while to out last the other seasonals and the part timers that couldn't cut it.
  18. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Worked only 4 days a week. Typically not Monday. Too tired to add up how many working days that was.
  19. uber

uber Guest

I accidentally didn't sheet a NDA during pickups last Thursday. They called me into the office Friday morning and I thought for sure they were going to send me back to the hub.
  20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

You are human. Remember that, even if they don't.