How long do you wait?

Well then since you enjoy kissing ass rather than kicking ass, enjoy your profession.

I didn't realize it at first. You two were retro-trolling for throwback Thursday.

You two and your tough talk about how you'll tell a shipper what to do is how UPS used to think. Now look where we're at. Keep that mentality and you won't have to worry about being inconvenienced at your shipping job.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I didn't realize it at first. You two were retro-trolling for throwback Thursday.

You two and your tough talk about how you'll tell a shipper what to do is how UPS used to think. Now look where we're at. Keep that mentality and you won't have to worry about being inconvenienced at your shipping job.
Well when your supervisor starts micromanaging you about poor performance, I'm sure you'll be happy to use the "well my customers weren't ready" card.

Letting customers walk all over you is like letting them run your business while you sit there and hopelessly watch which of course only leads to problems.
You know the old saying "can't please everyone."

Personally I don't really care what you do at UPS. I don't work for them. You can come into a customers location and wait all day if you want. Come in clean shaven and leave with a full beard if you choose. Have fun!

I had a cusomer, that had a giant A-hole for a shipper. I would deliver them around 11 o'clock and see 15 -20 boxes sitting on the dock. I would go around 4:55 for a pickup, same 15- 20 boxes still sitting there,no labels!

finally, getting tired of getting into an argument with him.....I said...friend...it

that friday I got there around 5:20, he was pissed as Hell, to say the least!
he M.friend.ed. up and down.

I said how does it feel?...He said *&#@...what do you mean?
I said this is what you do to me,every single day!.....this is your new pick up time!

after that,packages were ready!.....Problem solved!...lol

Why didn't you say you don't work for UPS? Aside from making you look stupid for commenting on what you have no clue about it would also explain why your antsy at your pickups as they're holding you up from getting on with your minimum wage job.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a cusomer, that had a giant A-hole for a shipper. I would deliver them around 11 o'clock and see 15 -20 boxes sitting on the dock. I would go around 4:55 for a pickup, same 15- 20 boxes still sitting there,no labels!

finally, getting tired of getting into an argument with him.....I said...friend...it

that friday I got there around 5:20, he was pissed as Hell, to say the least!
he M.friend.ed. up and down.

I said how does it feel?...He said *&#@...what do you mean?
I said this is what you do to me,every single day!.....this is your new pick up time!

after that,packages were ready!.....Problem solved!...lol

I had shippers like that who were never ready no matter what time you got there. They would suddenly decide that stuff had to go today after you got there. You could get there after their closing time and they still wouldn't be ready. If you told them that stuff had to wait until tomorrow and left they would be on the phone in seconds complaining and you would get a message telling you that you had to go back.

Cactus

Why didn't you say you don't work for UPS? Aside from making you look stupid for commenting on what you have no clue about it would also explain why your antsy at your pickups as they're holding you up from getting on with your minimum wage job.
Working for UPS is not a requirement for posting on these boards. I do work at FedEx Express (over 20 years if you must know) so yeah I do have an idea what it's like and all it takes is one customer not to have something ready can really mess things up. You must be real fun to work with. Glad this is just the internet 'cause knowing you in person must really suck.

Cactus

I had shippers like that who were never ready no matter what time you got there. They would suddenly decide that stuff had to go today after you got there. You could get there after their closing time and they still wouldn't be ready. If you told them that stuff had to wait until tomorrow and left they would be on the phone in seconds complaining and you would get a message telling you that you had to go back.

And more than likely management would never try to fix the problem.

So much easier to blame the driver.

BrownTexas

What are you talking about? Look where we are at? We are a billion dollar company that grows everyday. When I wait for long periods at a pickup I inform them, I have 45 pickups. I can't wait 5-10 minutes at every pick up. If they aren't ready next time you will have to take them to the center or to a ups store. Let them call in and have them send me back there. I promise it will be when I have the time to go back and that might be after 5. Make them wait til I get there and next time they will have their stuff together or will just tell me it can wait til tomorrow.