How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

quad decade guy

Apparently he never heard of 25 and out. It’s not in every region.
Here, if not 57yo....25 & out....you take a $500 per month penalty....for life. Oddly, not so for 30 & out.....any age.

Most I've known...had to get another job and lots didn't live long as they lived pretty fast and hard or second career types.

All, here.....had their pension decimated by Central States. Many went back to trucking....and still working.

Many thought they were sticking it to UPS....they sure showed em.....

Personally, I loved them leaving early....each one a new seniority position....although not fast enough. Most odd ducks......so mostly good riddance.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Here, if not 57yo....25 & out....you take a $500 per month penalty....for life. Oddly, not so for 30 & out.....any age.

Most I've known...had to get another job and lots didn't live long as they lived pretty fast and hard or second career types.

All, here.....had their pension decimated by Central States. Many went back to trucking....and still working.

Personally, I loved them leaving early....each one a new seniority position....although not fast enough. Most odd ducks......so mostly good riddance.
Well the central states is funded now and they’re gonna get retro checks for what they lost. It was in the last 1.9 trillion dollar bill that passed.

You don't take the $500 cut at 30 and out because you put an extra 5 years in

I hope you are putting some money into your 401k plan You could use it

quad decade guy

You don't take the $500 cut at 30 and out because you put an extra 5 years in

I hope you are putting some money into your 401k plan You could use it
Well, true you put an extra 5 years in.....not sure that's the exact reason....you know this is the exact reason the pension board made this decision? Your credentials please......

You don't know me......say-how do you know what I could "use" or not? Other than hate and belittling.....what and how do you know of any of the folks you verbally abuse? Civility.....you could use it.

Well, true you put an extra 5 years in.....not sure that's the exact reason....you know this is the exact reason the pension board made this decision? Your credentials please......

You don't know me......say-how do you know what I could "use" or not? Other than hate and belittling.....what and how do you know of any of the folks you verbally abuse? Civility.....you could use it.
I just go by your words.
Nobody is hating the here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
At No- are you sure that the fund already got the money? A lot rumors are being tossed around.

They do not get the bailout money.. the PBGC gets it all... these underfunded pensions have to apply for those funds.

I believe that when improved the PBGC will start issuing checks to those individual retirees instead of the troubled pension trusts.

They are believing that these pensions could turn it around...the same pension contributions going in and invested ... and nothing coming out because the feds got it covered till 2050.

Everybody knows that there will be conditions assigned to those who are asking for the bailout.. one of them is that there will be no monetary improvements negotiated into those plans.
The feds will have the final say so in every move by these pension trustees and that might be a good thing considering their past history...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They do not get the bailout money.. the PBGC gets it all... these underfunded pensions have to apply for those funds.

I believe that when improved the PBGC will start issuing checks to those individual retirees instead of the troubled pension trusts.

They are believing that these pensions could turn it around...the same pension contributions going in and invested ... and nothing coming out because the feds got it covered till 2050.

Everybody knows that there will be conditions assigned to those who are asking for the bailout.. one of them is that there will be no monetary improvements negotiated into those plans.
The feds will have the final say so in every move by these pension trustees and that might be a good thing considering their past history...
That’s not true. The pension funds get it. I read it. It’s a formality, they apply and get it, period. Of course they apply, but they will get bailed out. Ttku

What'dyabringmetoday???

Psst- it was a rhetorical question...