How Many Routes Cut Since ORION?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Overpaid Union Thug, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I'd like everyone that works in a center that has ORION to chime in on how many routes their center has lost due to ORION. My center is currently being prepped for ORION. The rumor is that it's UPSs goal to cut one or two routes per center once ORION is implemented. So, lets here it. How many (if any) have you lost?

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Seems like we had about 10 per center(2 centers). Believe we had low to mid sixties, to low to mid fifties. Been a while so I could be off.

3. Overpaid Union Thug

So you had 15% per center cut? Where they all bid routes or mostly unassigned and junk routes?

4. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Honestly, I don't remember many routes being cut.
    They cared more about cutting miles than cutting routes.
    If anything, maybe it would keep a split route from going out, not established routes.

5. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

If you really follow it, it wont cut any routes. It is a giant mess that only adds hours to your day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. upschuck

Most routes were split that were cut, and some that do still run get cut on Mondays.

7. Overpaid Union Thug

That has already been established and we aren't even fully on it yet. LOL! But I figured they'd cut anyway because on paper they are saving miles and therefore we (ON PAPER) should be saving time and would need more work.

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Their algorithms claim routes can be cut so if things don't work it is because the drivers aren't following ORION.

9. Overpaid Union Thug

I'd like to see the accident frequency for ORION centers.

10. upschuck

Know that I think about it, that mid 60's number was before PAS/EDD. This peak they planned about the same number in the mid 60s.

11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Why, no accident would be documented that Orion was a contributing factor...just that the driver failed to follow a method. "The crash was avoidable because driver failed to put on their flashers while parked in truck zone." Not because, driver had to park on opposite side of street. Load up 10-60 pound boxes on their hand truck. Wait for cross signal. Cross street to receivers door. Stop took 16.63 minutes, instead of 4 minutes. Which it would have taken if parked on the proper side next to receiver door, honked horn, and customer come out to help. Truck engine stopped at 10:13...truck struck at 10:26.

12. Overpaid Union Thug

I meant I'd like to know if there has been an increase in accidents in ORION centers. There has definitely been an increase in the driver paid day. If drivers in those centers are staying out of accidents then I'm sure that brings the paid day metric up even more. LOL! It sucks for those that have been bumped back into the hub/center though.

13. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

No routes cut.

Increased bitching about backing numbers up and back first exceptions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah I don't get that. The ORION "team" members say back in driveways to save miles. Then we get messages saying "Stay out of residential driveways" LOL! I'm also getting a sense that our management team is not getting along with the ORION team.

15. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

No routes cut due to Orion here.

16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

None, our center was already effective. Example, I don't follow ORIAN, 70-90% trace, beat ORIAN miles by 5-20, Thursday I beat it by almost 40.

17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah, I never saw any routes cut in that center as a result of Orion. They made some changes like moving pickups around and they might not put the "level routes" in as much, but I think everyone including management knows Orion flopped in that center.

18. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

The beauty of being given conflicting instructions is that you cant be disciplined for failure to follow them.

Plus its kind of funny to watch when they are so stupid.

19. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I hope I get the chance to follow Orion. If I do it will be run like I did my trace. 100% on edd and throughly enjoyed doing it.

20. Overpaid Union Thug

Yes Sir. I was cussing myself while driving home from work the other day because I had realized that I should have took a picture of the ODS message telling us to stay out of driveways. I'm sure our steward can ask for a copy of it but I'd rather have my own without anyone knowing. That way they wouldn't see it coming when I throw it back at them for not complying with ORION.