How Much is Your Car Payment?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bought my wife a brand new Ram 1500 a few years ago. Total out the door somewhere around $45k. I'm not sure what the monthly payment is...maybe around $800? I pay $1025 a month on it. Will be paid off in a couple months. By far the biggest car purchase I've ever made...actually the first new car I've ever purchased.

Why’s your wife need a Ram 1500?
She wear the pants?

DriverNerd

Why’s your wife need a Ram 1500?
She wear the pants?
Of course she does, but it was actually my idea. We were looking at large SUVs to replace her aging one and she saw a new Ram go by and was in love with it. When I asked her if she wanted one she said "I didn't think a truck was an option". I hate driving trucks outside of getting paid for it but I'm a big DIYer that could really use something more convenient than an SUV for hauling crap. Now I get to use it anytime I have a project but don't have to drive it on a daily basis. Win-win to me.

Thebrownblob

Who doesn't want to be one of the 16% of American consumers with a $1000 car payment? Lmfao.

1684719056312.gif

Up In Smoke

Who doesn't want to be one of the 16% of American consumers with a $1000 car payment? Lmfao.

We currently have four vehicle payments of greater than 1K as part of our small businesses. I wonder if the article takes into consideration how small businesses consume transportation as an expense and depreciation tool. I'll be adding a fifth in a month or so.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We currently have four vehicle payments of greater than 1K as part of our small businesses. I wonder if the article takes into consideration how small businesses consume transportation as an expense and depreciation tool. I'll be adding a fifth in a month or so.
Commercial trucks with costs like that I hope.

Up In Smoke

Commercial trucks with costs like that I hope.
No. My wife and I purchase the vehicles, insure them and lease them to our businesses. Most small to medium businesses do this to maximize tax benefits and reduce liability. Even trucking companies will set up two businesses, one owns and one operates.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
No. My wife and I purchase the vehicles, insure them and lease them to our businesses. Most small to medium businesses do this to maximize tax benefits and reduce liability. Even trucking companies will set up two businesses, one owns and one operates.
I'm not seeing how that makes money. Unless you're renting them out or something that's still $1000 per month each in consumer debt.