How Much is Your Car Payment?

rod

Retired 22 years
Why is my truck the only one with firewood in back 🤦‍♂️
I have some firewood in the back of my truck right now and the truck is only 40 days old. I believe in using a truck if you have one. A car dealer friend of mine once told me there had NEVER been an extra trade in allowance allowed because the inside of a pickup box was pristine.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't buy new cars anymore, they just aren't worth it to me. The one I drive now will be paid off next month. $424 a month seems high to me, I'll be happy to lose that car note.
49C25261-57E6-4D82-9CDE-867D18D5C4DC_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

rickyb

my buddy who bought the new chevy truck i figure shoulda got a used tundra instead and paint it

my parents bought a used big chevy truck shoulda got a used tundra and downsize the fifth wheel

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Will with old joe forcing electric cars on us for 60000 to 70000, we will see what people can afford

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice car!

Most retirees downsize-----didn't you just "upsize" by building a new house?
We did upsize and build a bigger house. We went from 1574 to 2888 square feet. The old house had too many steps for my wife who is legally blind. Plus we now have more room with a lot more storage. We spent $100K in options and got exactly what we wanted. I do more than make make double payments on my principle to knock that payment down. We moved to a Dell Webb retirement community and we have plenty to do. I usually hit the gym everyday and do 60 minutes on a treadmill. I also do woodcarving, yoga, and a men's bible study. We have great neighbors too and we do a lot together.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We did upsize and build a bigger house. We went from 1574 to 2888 square feet. The old house had too many steps for my wife who is legally blind. Plus we now have more room with a lot more storage. We spent $100K in options and got exactly what we wanted. I do more than make make double payments on my principle to knock that payment down. We moved to a Dell Webb retirement community and we have plenty to do. I usually hit the gym everyday and do 60 minutes on a treadmill. I also do woodcarving, yoga, and a men's bible study. We have great neighbors too and we do a lot together.
You missed my point but that is OK----I am glad that you and your wife are enjoying retirement and that you went the extra mile to ensure that her needs were being met.

Perhaps you should make single payments on the house while making double payments on the car and then go back to double payments on the house when the car note is paid off in full.

DOK

Last car my $19k trade-in covered most of it then I wrote a check for the few thousand remaining. :censored2: car payments. If you're specifically into cars as your main hobby I can understand splurging, it's just the cost of the hobby. Otherwise, you're just pissing your money away and I haven't really been a car guy in fourteen years. Anymore I barely put a thousand miles a year on my personal car so it would be an even bigger waste.
Hate payments as well but if it’s zero percent interest I might take the bait.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@UpstateNYUPSer(Ret), I hope that you are doing well in retirement yourself. One more car note, I'll be glad to get rid of that. A good day for me is not cranking the car up to go anywhere at all. I don't know what you mean by missing your point but I am doing fine. My three pension payments and Social Security put more in my bank than UPS paychecks ever did. Life is good.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
0% interest deals are almost non-existent these days. If an automaker or dealer is offering that, you're paying a premium elsewhere.
You ain't kidding. Dealerships are "offering" financing for 5.7 or 6 percent to well qualified buyers.
Whoa whoa, pump the brakes folks.