How's the view???........

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
View attachment 109153

Last night, my thirty-three years of knocking on front doors really made a difference. My son came home from work late at night, and noticed our neighbor's chimney on fire. I ran over there half-dressed and started beating on the door to wake them up. I had flaming embers falling on me as I did this. Everybody got out alright, the house is a total loss.

Damn, Scratch. Nice work.

Chimney fires are scary.

Back in October, we had some flash flooding here. I was going around the neighborhood at 1:30AM waking people up to move their cars.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Man, oh man. I'm glad everybody got out and you are safe as well, pal. So saddening to hear. Wish I could help out in some way
View attachment 109153

Last night, my thirty-three years of knocking on front doors really made a difference. My son came home from work late at night, and noticed our neighbor's chimney on fire. I ran over there half-dressed and started beating on the door to wake them up. I had flaming embers falling on me as I did this. Everybody got out alright, the house is a total loss.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Careful you don't do that at @Faceplanted's house. You'll end up with gun pointed at you. He lives in a sketchy neighborhood.
Had a guy come to the door last night (7:20ish) holding a shotgun in his right hand. He even left a not saying "UPS please knock loud" taped to his door. Normally I wouldn't have knocked that late, but I needed a sig and he left a note and everything. That is the first and last time I have this happen to me!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

View attachment 109153

Looks like the house was a loss long before the fire started.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was a very nice house, the best neighbors anybody could ask for. I saved three lives and we stood in my driveway watching their home burn down. Very humbling experience to me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The joys of working with two Helpers.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1481861644.586191.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My son says he can be done sooner with out a helper. I am guessing you agree.

In my younger days, that would have been true. I used to run 200 stops by myself and be done by 5:30. I would refuse to take one for ten years because they slowed me down so much. Now I am forced to use them. My first one was a young guy on from the Preload, he was too slow. My present one is fifty-three years old and wears a hearing aid. He will work six hours on the Preload and then ride with me for seven hours. Plus he works the Super Sorts Saturday and Sunday in my Hub, he still hustles at the end of the day. My third golfcart helper is amazing, I finally got a great team put together. I meet both of my Helpers at 10:30 after I get my air off, I keep mine on the car until I finish.

In my younger days, that would have been true. I used to run 200 stops by myself and be done by 5:30. I would refuse to take one for ten years because they slowed me down so much. Now I am forced to use them. My first one was a young guy on from the Preload, he was too slow. My present one is fifty-three years old and wears a hearing aid. He will work six hours on the Preload and then ride with me for seven hours. Plus he works the Super Sorts Saturday and Sunday in my Hub, he still hustles at the end of the day. My third golfcart helper is amazing, I finally got a great team put together. I meet both of my Helpers at 10:30 after I get my air off, I keep mine on the car until I finish.
It is just too bad UPS management can not duplicate the concept of a team effort.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1481874312.815328.jpg

When you have $60 grand to spend on a 700 HP muscle car but not enough common sense to keep it in the garage or spend $75 on some chains for when it snows...

Overpaid Union Thug

Y

your son is right. The exception would be a very good helper who keeps his/her mouth shut and hustles. From my experience that's 1 out of 100. I'd much rather not have one
I tell them to walk at a brisk and ahow them how i do. Having a helper on my route is beyond stupid so keeping their mouth shut is not what I want. If I'm going to be forced to use one when i dont need one the number one requirement is that it's someone i can talk to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Y

your son is right. The exception would be a very good helper who keeps his/her mouth shut and hustles. From my experience that's 1 out of 100. I'd much rather not have one

I had one of those last year. Kid worked his butt off and knew the DIAD inside and out.

My current helper looks like he came from the shelter.