husband terminated...advice please.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My sincere regrets for what happen to you husband and the toll on your family. I recommend he goes to the panel.
He must also start planning for the worst case scenario. I recommend he starts applying to USPS & FedEx. In case he doesn't get his job back, at least the application process would be started.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics

"Why did you choose to leave UPS?" "It wasn't my choice----I was fired for dishonesty"

Next applicant.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He flagged some call tags that were in the EDD. How else would he have known that they weren't home?

oldandcrabby

My husband has been with ups for three years now and is/was a temporary cover driver. He was recently discharged for dishonesty. He sheeted up packages while waiting at his letter box rather than at the actual address when no one was home to send back dish network boxes. He knows what he did was wrong, and only defense was that he was trying to save some time. He has no previous disciplinary actions against him.

He went to the local hearing and admitted he did wrong and was trying to save time. Apologized, etc. Now it is going to a regional panel. Any advice or enlightenment for us?

We have two year old twins and it's taken a pretty big toll on our savings to pay bills while he's been out of work, plus the expenses for traveling to the hearing. Hoping he won't be going for nothing.

oldandcrabby

My heart goes out to you guys and yes understand exactly where you are at do you go to panel or not if you could private message me that would be great.

jes13r

Most states have a program that gets kids coverage. Might want to look into that immediately for a temporary band aid. I know for myself with three kids insurance is a "must have" just to be able to sleep at night.
I looked into that already, actually. Our state goes by your previous year income taxes....so...unfortunately that doesn't work. We'rd looking for other options.

StopTheAct

First of, i hate to hear a fellow woker, especially with a family loose their job.. but there has to be more to the story.... somthing is missing, and sheeting up stuff not in does not save that much time... give us the truth and we can help you

Last edited:

jes13r

First of, i hate to hear a fellow woker, especially with a family loose their job.. but there has to be more to the story.... somthing is missing, and sheeting up stuff not in does not save that much time... give us the truth and we can help you
I'd love to tell you more and understand more myself, but this is all I've been told or heard from union stewards about the situation.

Everyone at his center said that this punishment does not fit the crime. I'm just at a loss.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think we're all in agreement that on this one particular day my husband was too lazy to do his job correctly

The sole provider of income.

Is he a family man ?

But my dad has been with ups for 17 years now

Any animosity, between the two ?

I'm a stay at home mom

You might not be.... for long.

I stand behind my husband for obvious reasons....but I was/am furious with his mistake.

Doesn't that, kind of sum it up ?

Not to get all "Zen" on you....

Look at the source.

Why was he cutting corners ?

-Bug-