husband terminated...advice please.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Dont get the whole sheeting up at a drop box thing. Hell my management team panics when i send in misloads messages, they know that i will go 3 towns over to deliver they dont act quickly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let's face it. He was making time with some young Chippy on route! That's why he got way behind.

bbsam

Staff member
I looked into that already, actually. Our state goes by your previous year income taxes....so...unfortunately that doesn't work. We'rd looking for other options.
I'm sorry to hear that. Aside from food and shelter I can't think of a more pressing expense. Beg and borrow for it. Can't roll the dice on the welfare of children.

QKRSTKR

I'm very sorry for your situation. I really hope he gets his job back. Our panel hearings we know right away if we get our job back or not, no waiting. Humble, humble, humble. The people who decide his fate won't know him from Adam. Don't change the story.

I would definitely go if it comes to that. If I were him I would be calling his BA everyday to find out if any progress has been made.

Sorry for some of the rude comments on here. Some people think it's a joke and not real life.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'd love to tell you more and understand more myself, but this is all I've been told or heard from union stewards about the situation.

Everyone at his center said that this punishment does not fit the crime. I'm just at a loss.

While the punishment may not fit the crime, here in lies the problem.

Drivers everywhere keep doing this. They have been trained not to, and told over and over again to work by the methods.

UPS is making an an example out of this guy. They are showing drivers that this has to stop. They are showing that if you still do this, you will be terminated.

This may be the first time that this guy did it, but it is the millionth time a driver has done it.

UPS has realized that a slap on the wrist or a warning letter is not fixing the problem. It just so happens that this is the guy that UPS took a stand on and is trying to show the country what will happen if this continues.

If he goes to the panel, I believe he will get his job back. Point proven.

But if this continues, some driver somewhere will not be coming back to try and get everyone to stop doing this.

Continue to do this...lose your job.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This may be the first time that this guy did it, but it is the millionth time a driver has done it.

UPS has realized that a slap on the wrist or a warning letter is not fixing the problem. It just so happens that this is the guy that UPS took a stand on and is trying to show the country what will happen if this continues.

"United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) has agreed to pay $25 million to resolve allegations that it submitted false claims to the federal government in connection with its delivery of Next Day Air overnight packages, the Justice Department announced today"

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/unite...tle-alleged-civil-false-claims-act-violations

Isn't this, kind of "old" news ??

Did someone.... miss a PCM ??

-Bug-

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
"United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) has agreed to pay $25 million to resolve allegations that it submitted false claims to the federal government in connection with its delivery of Next Day Air overnight packages, the Justice Department announced today"

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/unite...tle-alleged-civil-false-claims-act-violations

Isn't this, kind of "old" news ??

Did someone.... miss a PCM ??

-Bug-
Come on BUG. Missed the PCM or not, fired for a call tag is some bs and not getting job back at local level is some bs and you know it.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a FT driver sitting at home for either recording his meal break and working through it or not recording his meal break and not taking one.

Probably the latter. Here you can work through a recorded lunch every day of the year with no consequences. But if we do the latter then all hell could break loose. Warning letters have been issued for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably the latter. Here you can work through a recorded lunch every day of the year with no consequences. But if we do the latter then all hell could break loose. Warning letters have been issued for it.

The part I don't like is their lack of consistency. The Friday before my vacation I got hosed and blew off my meal break in response. Nothing was said.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The part I don't like is their lack of consistency. The Friday before my vacation I got hosed and blew off my meal break in response. Nothing was said.

Why?? That was your chance to hose them back. Since Orion came in. They will send me a runner gunner to take most of my work or to cover all of my pick ups. I work less now then ever. But, my ck is much bigger :-)